Sweet Support from the Mister
Most husbands want to help when their wives have surgery. And most husbands worry about leaving their wives alone in the house while they recover.
Q: What are some things I can do to help my wife after I need to go return to my job and she is alone at home?
A: Her needs are simple:
- Make sure a TV is handy and the remove control is near.
- Move the phone near her and let her turn off the ring if she wants to sleep or call friends if she wants to chat.
- Consider putting an cooler near her bed for juices and a sandwich if you are going to be gone all day.
- Help her arrange her recovery room where stairs are not a problem.
- Before you leave the house, ask if there is anything she needs.
- Phone her before you leave work, to ask if there is anything she needs to purchase on your way home.
- Ask her how she is feeling and listen to her when you arrive home.
- Learn to do laundry and other household chores to help her when you get home.