HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Eating Right | Drink Tea With/After a Fatty Meal
From the Fitness & Wellness After Hysterectomy Articles List
I have heard both positive and negative health effects of drinking tea. So should I be drinking tea or not?
Drink tea with/after a fatty meal.
High fat meals can be a trigger for a heart attack (and 50% of women are vulnerable to heart disease). When we eat a high fat meal, our blood fat levels go up right away and the blood vessels stiffen, getting a little damaged every time.
But in healthy volunteers in Japan, they tested what the same high fat meal did when eaten while drinking black tea (green tea is believed by some to be even better) and while drinking water. The tea group had better blood flow and higher antioxidant levels in their blood (that's good because it prevents damage). So, the tea seemed to be balancing out the damage and probably lowering the risk of a heart attack. Instant tea probably won't work.
There is some question about whether the caffeine and fluoride levels in tea pose enough of a threat to those suffering from chronic conditions such as hypertension to offset its heart-healthy benefits. Some suggest drinking decaffeinated tea or herbal teas such as chamomile or hibiscus instead for their calming qualities.
Newer studies, in their very early stages, seem to indicate that drinking green tea may promote weight loss as well.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Byungyol Chun, M.D.
Northern Essex Women's Health
360 Merrimack St Entrance G
Lawrence MA 01843
|Shirley Bennett, M.D.
7255 Old Oak Blvd
Middleburg Hts OH 44149
|Amie Napier, M.D.
Medical City Hospital 7777 Forest Lane Suite A331
Dallas TX 75230
|Susan D. Hunter, M.D.
626 Ed Carey Dr
Harlingen TX 78550
|Lillian Schapiro, M.D.
275 Collier Road, Suite 250
Atlanta GA 30309
|Tamer Seckin, M.D.
872 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK NY 10065
|Elizabeth Babin, M.D.
151 Fries Mill Road Suite 301
Turnersville NJ 08012
|Jack Ayoub, M.D.
44035 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg VA 20176
|Debra Richardson, M.D.
Gynecological Oncology Clinic - SW Med
2201 Inwood Road Suite 106
Dallas TX 75390