HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Eating Right | Drink Tea With/After a Fatty Meal
From the Fitness & Wellness After Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I have heard both positive and negative health effects of drinking tea. So should I be drinking tea or not?
Drink tea with/after a fatty meal.
High fat meals can be a trigger for a heart attack (and 50% of women are vulnerable to heart disease). When we eat a high fat meal, our blood fat levels go up right away and the blood vessels stiffen, getting a little damaged every time.
But in healthy volunteers in Japan, they tested what the same high fat meal did when eaten while drinking black tea (green tea is believed by some to be even better) and while drinking water. The tea group had better blood flow and higher antioxidant levels in their blood (that's good because it prevents damage). So, the tea seemed to be balancing out the damage and probably lowering the risk of a heart attack. Instant tea probably won't work.
There is some question about whether the caffeine and fluoride levels in tea pose enough of a threat to those suffering from chronic conditions such as hypertension to offset its heart-healthy benefits. Some suggest drinking decaffeinated tea or herbal teas such as chamomile or hibiscus instead for their calming qualities.
Newer studies, in their very early stages, seem to indicate that drinking green tea may promote weight loss as well.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
07-16-2003 - 02:56 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Geoffrey Cly, M.D.
Suite 101, 11123 Parkview Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne IN 46845
|Ruslana Kadze, M.D.
5525 Etiwanda Avenue
Tarzana (Los Angeles) CA 91356
|John Lenihan, M.D.
314 ML King Jr. Way
Tacoma WA 98465
|Lori Warren, M.D.
3900 Kresge Way
Louisville KY 40207
|Jon Nielsen, M.D.
9825 Hospital Dr. Suite 205
Maple Grove MN 55369
|Gerald Harkins, M.D.
Department of OB-Gyn
P.O. Box 850, H-103
Hershey PA 17033
|Ken Sinervo, M.D.
1140 Hammond Dr., Ste. F6220
Atlanta GA 30328
|Aarathi Cholkeri-Singh, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540
|Jennifer Hayes, M.D.
Visionary Centre for Women
2695 Ulmerton Rd
Clearwater FL 33762