Where to Apply Compounded Hormone Creams
HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Where to Apply Compounded Hormone Creams
From the Menopause and Hormones Articles List
Where do I apply my compounded hormone creams?
Your doctor or compounding pharmacist should provide you with directions on how to use your compounded hormone creams. The following is a list of generally accepted sites for application:
It is important to note that:
- Estrogen: wrist, forearm, under bicep, upper shoulder, inner thigh, behind knee, on rear end
- Progesterone: forearm, neck, breasts, inner thigh, under bicep, on rear end
- Testosterone: wrist, forearm, under bicep, upper shoulder, inner thigh, behind knee, on rear end, and, if in a non-alcohol base, on the vulva/clitoris
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
- Estrogen and testosterone should never be applied to breast tissue.
- Application sites should be rotated for maximum success.
- Creams should be applied where they will not come in contact with other people or pets.
- Creams should not have any contact with water for 30 minutes after application.
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Aileen Caceres, M.D.
Center for Specialized Gynecology/Florida Hospital
410 Celebration Place, Suite 302
Celebration FL 34747
|Jon Nielsen, M.D.
9825 Hospital Dr. Suite 205
Maple Grove MN 55369
|Elizabeth Babin, M.D.
151 Fries Mill Road Suite 301
Turnersville NJ 08012
|Shirley Bennett, M.D.
7255 Old Oak Blvd
Middleburg Hts OH 44149
|Brad Cohen, M.D.
2477 Route 516
Old Bridge NJ 08857
|Samuel Wheatley, M.D.
627 Jefferson St
Whiteville NC 28472
|Robert Furr, M.D.
Women's Surgery Center
1604 Gunbarrel Road
Chattanooga TN 37421
|Linda Nicoll, M.D.
NYU Faculty Practice GYN
NYU Trinity Center - 111 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York NY 10006
|Kimberly Newman, M.D.
10030 Edison Square Drive
Concord NC 28027
I Am A HysterSister. Are You?
Share your story on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or your personal blog and tell us about it. We will help share it.
Your Hysterectomy Date