From the Staff Bios Articles List
Molly50 - Rona
LovetheOcean - Kim
Kim M - Hostess
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Hi! My name is Deb. I was born in Alabama in March of 1963. I was swept off my feet and married my college sweetheart in 1985, who grew into a brave and handsome active duty soldier. We were blessed with a beautiful daughter in 1987.
Being married to a soldier meant moving quite often. We enjoyed living in Georgia, Germany, Virginia, Missouri, Kansas, Alabama, Korea, Kentucky and Tennessee. A motto that was always true and had special meaning for our family is 'Home is Where the Army Sends You'. We gladly made a home wherever we lived.
In my spare time, I enjoy volunteer and community work. When my husband was on active duty, I was blessed and fortunate to serve as a Parliamentarian and President of the Officers' Wives' Club, Program Manager for Army Family Team Building, Family Readiness Group leader, as well as volunteering for our local Historical Society and my daughter's schools. I still love volunteering my time and helping in any way I can!
Army life was an awesome experience! My husband retired in 2005 after serving our country for 22 years including the Gulf War, Somalia and Iraq. We have finally put down roots in Tennessee.
My gynecological history is not exciting and I was fortunate that I never had any major problems. I never really had a regular period as I would only bleed every 6 - 8 weeks. When I was 21 years old, it was discovered that I had a retroverted uterus.
In 1999, my periods became very regular and I suffered from cramps, heavy bleeding and clots. Since I never had an abnormal pap, I just learned to live with it.
By January 2004, I began bleeding continuously. After having numerous blood tests, ultrasounds and an endometrial biopsy, which turned out benign, my doctor suggested a vaginal hysterectomy keeping my ovaries if they were healthy. He strongly suspected fibroids and possible adenomyosis as possible causes for my dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
My TVH was in April 2004 and I was able to retain my healthy ovaries. My doctor's suspicions were confirmed. I did have fibroids and adenomyosis. I had a good hospital experience with many helpful and supportive nurses. I discovered that walking as soon as I was able was very important in my healing process.
I discovered HysterSisters shortly after my surgery. What a blessing this site has been! The more I read, the more I became hooked! HysterSisters is such a wonderful site and I have found so much valuable information and made so many friends! It is truly an honor to be a hostess in the Pre-Op Forum, Prayer Forum and Friends Without Faces. Being able to give back to this site means so much to me! I hope you enjoy the information and support as much as I do!
Molly50 - Rona
LovetheOcean - Kim
Kim M - Hostess
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
|Melvin Ashford, M.D.
2603 White Bear Avenue N
Maplewood MN 55109
|Quanita Crable, M.D.
8160 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas TX 75231
|Sherry L Neyman, M.D.
Renaissance Women's Group
12201 Renfert Way Ste 200
Austin TX 78758
|Siobhan Kehoe, M.D.
Gynecological Oncology Clinic - SW Med
2201 Inwood Road Suite 106
Dallas TX 75390
|Francisco Garcini, M.D.
1870 Silver Cross Blvd
New Lenox IL 60451
|Geoffrey Bowers, M.D.
834 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia PA 19107
|Nonnie-Marie Estella, M.D.
10 Research Place
North Chelmsford MA 01863
|David Newman, M.D.
10030 Edison Square Drive, Suite 100A
Concord NC 28027
|Clifford Rogers, M.D.
The Everett Clinic, Dept. of Surgery and Gynecology
1330 Rockefeller Ave, Suite 120
Everett WA 98201
425 339 5424