HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Diet Suggestions for Hysterectomy Recovery
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
Are there any suggestions for a post-op diet?
Through the years, HysterSisters.com members have shared the types of foods that they enjoyed and that worked well for them after they returned home after their hysterectomy. Most found that their usual “comfort foods” were appealing in the early post-op recovery days. Simple, strong, distinct flavors rather than complicated and multi-flavored dishes seem to be preferred, with everything in smaller-than-usual portions.
Foods and beverages included on many of the “suggested diet lists” are:
- Chicken noodle soup
- Cottage cheese
- Cranberry juice
- Macaroni and cheese
- Mashed potatoes
It’s best to avoid gassy foods like beans, broccoli, and cabbage, and/or other foods that typically cause gas for you. Many suggest avoiding extra-spicy foods. Remember that all post-op surgical patients need protein
to aid in healing. And, whether you get it from fresh fruits and vegetables, dried fruits, or cereals and whole-grain breads, you need to include fiber
in your post-op diet. Also be sure to drink lots of water and avoid caffeine as much as possible.
This content was written by a member of HysterSisters.com as a non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
08-21-2007 - 02:08 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Shirley Bennett, M.D.
7255 Old Oak Blvd
Middleburg Hts OH 44149
|Charles Miller, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540
|Alf Adler, M.D.
17739 Main St. Suite 110
Dumfries VA 22026
|Christopher G. Olson, M.D.
1220 Hobson Rd #116
Naperville NJ 60540
|Arnold Advincula, M.D.
Columbia Ob/Gyn Midtown
51 West 51st St, 3rd FL
New York NY 10019
|Susan Carter, M.D.
North Colorado Medical Center/ MCR
1800 15th Street, Suite 220
Greeley CO 80631
970 353 1335
|Mark R. Preston, M.D.
60 Westwood Ave Ste 200
Waterbury CT 06708
|Lillian Schapiro, M.D.
275 Collier Road, Suite 250
Atlanta GA 30309
|Linda Nicoll, M.D.
NYU Faculty Practice GYN
NYU Trinity Center - 111 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York NY 10006