HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Position during Hysterectomy
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
My surgery is upcoming and I’m trying to picture the position I will be in during the operation itself.
For abdominal procedures, patients are typically placed in one of two positions:
- The Supine Position: flat on your back, just like you lie on a bed, with your legs together, or
- The Trendelenburg Position: flat on your back, head slightly tilted toward the floor, with your legs strapped flat to the table
For vaginal procedures, patients are placed in the "Frog Leg" or Lithotomy Position—feet up in stirrups and thighs pulled back (toward your head)—because the surgeon needs easy access through the vagina.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
08-21-2007 - 02:48 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Michele Cowling, M.D.
303 Nicollet Blvd
Burnsville MN 55337
|Arnold Advincula, M.D.
Columbia Ob/Gyn Midtown
51 West 51st St, 3rd FL
New York NY 10019
|Trevor T. Kraus, M.D.
1411 N. Beckley
Pavilion III Suite 152
Dallas TX 75203
|Matthew Rupert, M.D.
100 Covey Dr #103
Franklin TN 37067
|Sharon Ransom, M.D.
442 West High Street
Bryan OH 43506
|Katherine Hsiao, M.D.
3905 Sacramento Street, Suite 204
San Francisco CA 94118
|Megan Daw, M.D.
Western Carolina Women's Specialty Center
2100 Ridgefield Blvd
Asheville NC 28806
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
601 Clara Barton, Suite 160
Garland TX 75042
|Paul MacKoul, M.D.
8218 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda MD 20814