HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Hospital Stay for Hysterectomy
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
What is the usual length of hospitalization for a hysterectomy?
The length of hospitalization for a hysterectomy varies from woman to woman, based on a number of considerations including the type of surgery, reason(s) for the surgery, age, overall health, and
other contributing factors.
and other minimally-invasive procedures, same-day release or just one night in the hospital is common.
patients, the stay is generally 2–3 days.
patients, and those who have procedures that include repairs, stay in the hospital for 3–4 days.
Each patient needs to ask her own doctor for the projected length of her hospital stay in order to plan accordingly.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
08-21-2007 - 02:52 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Sherry L Neyman, M.D.
Renaissance Women's Group
12201 Renfert Way Ste 200
Austin TX 78758
|Tamer Seckin, M.D.
872 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK NY 10065
|Susan Carter, M.D.
North Colorado Medical Center/ MCR
1800 15th Street, Suite 220
Greeley CO 80631
970 353 1335
|Richard W Farnam, M.D.
1700 N. Oregon
El Paso TX 79902
|Ellen Wilson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd - Dept of OBGYN
Dallas TX 75390
|Larry R. Glazerman, M.D.
1098 W Baltimore Ave
Riddle HLTH Ctr 3 #3404
Media PA 19063
|Michele Cowling, M.D.
303 Nicollet Blvd
Burnsville MN 55337
|Mini Somasundaram, M.D.
3600 Olentangy River Rd
Columbus OH 43214
|Devin Garza, M.D.
12201 Renfert Way, STE# 215
Austin TX 78758