HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Hospital Stay for Hysterectomy
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
What is the usual length of hospitalization for a hysterectomy?
The length of hospitalization for a hysterectomy varies from woman to woman, based on a number of considerations including the type of surgery, reason(s) for the surgery, age, overall health, and
other contributing factors.
and other minimally-invasive procedures, same-day release or just one night in the hospital is common.
patients, the stay is generally 2–3 days.
patients, and those who have procedures that include repairs, stay in the hospital for 3–4 days.
Each patient needs to ask her own doctor for the projected length of her hospital stay in order to plan accordingly.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Dionysios Veronikis, M.D.
621 S. New Ballas Road, Tower B, Suite 2002
St. Louis MO 63141
|Gretchen Makai, M.D.
4735 Ogletown Stanton Rd MAP II, Ste 2103
Christiana Care Health System
Newark DE 19713
|Susan D. Hunter, M.D.
626 Ed Carey Dr
Harlingen TX 78550
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
601 Clara Barton, Suite 160
Garland TX 75042
|Bruce Bonn, M.D.
2311 M St, NW Suite 304
Washington DC 20037
|Ken Sinervo, M.D.
1140 Hammond Dr., Ste. F6220
Atlanta GA 30328
|Terry Grogg, M.D.
4461 S Broadway Suite 200
Grove City OH 43123
|Katherine Hsiao, M.D.
3905 Sacramento Street, Suite 204
San Francisco CA 94118