HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Bowel Prep before Hysterectomy | No Instructions
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
My hysterectomy is scheduled, but I wasn’t told anything about doing a colon cleanse (bowel preparation). What should I do?
Although a bowel prep is ordered for many hysterectomy patients, it is not an across-the-board pre-operative order for everyone. This is entirely up to your physician, based on your individual circumstance.
under any circumstances take a laxative or give yourself an enema unless your physician tells you to do so. If your doctor does
tell you to conduct a colon cleansing (via laxative or enema), it is imperative to your health that you follow his or her directions precisely. If you encounter problems with this or have questions, phone your medical provider for instructions on how to proceed.
These activities are not pleasant, but there is a reason for them. Start your journey to good health on the right foot by following your doctor’s orders in this regard.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
02-26-2008 - 08:00 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Katherine Hsiao, M.D.
3905 Sacramento Street, Suite 204
San Francisco CA 94118
|Eric Grossman, M.D.
903 Sheppard Road
Voorhees NJ 08043
|Gerald Harkins, M.D.
Department of OB-Gyn
P.O. Box 850, H-103
Hershey PA 17033
|Peter Vienne & Tom Kazmierczak, M.D.
936 W. Rt 6
Morris IL 60450
|Michele Cowling, M.D.
303 Nicollet Blvd
Burnsville MN 55337
|Jennifer Elliott, M.D.
980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30342
|Joseph S. Valenti, M.D.
2805 S. Mayhill Road
Denton TX 76208
|heath miller, M.D.
1101 madison street
seattle WA 98104
|Mark R. Preston, M.D.
60 Westwood Ave Ste 200
Waterbury CT 06708