Molly50 - Rona
Kim M - Hostess
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Hello there! Before I tell you how I arrived here at HysterSisters, let me share a bit about myself. I live in Ohio with my wonderful DH and two spoiled rotten cats (both rescues from our local humane society). Thanks to the support of my DH, I've been privileged to be a domestic goddess the last couple of years which has allowed me time to focus on family, friends and what's truly important. I'm passionate about animal rescue, supporting our troops, and supporting my sisters here.
My hysterectomy (radical) was due to cervical adenocarcinoma. Thankfully, it was caught at an early stage, and I required no further treatment. Prior to being diagnosed with cervical cancer, I'd had multiple melanomas, so the recommendation was to remove the ovaries as well, which we did. Even though I was vigilant with all my cancer screenings, including my annual pap tests, the diagnosis of cervical cancer came out of the blue. I had no long history of abnormal pap tests or any gynecological issues. In fact, I think I'd only had maybe two abnormal pap tests my whole life prior to this. Thank God I was vigilant and followed up! This is why I consistently press ladies to get their pap tests and keep up with their health. Just because you're not experiencing symptoms doesn't mean all is well. You simply must be proactive and take care of yourself!
I'd already had my surgery when I found HysterSisters, but it has turned into a real blessing. I've found no other place with as much good information and sincere compassion. It certainly has been an ongoing source of valuable info and much needed support throughout my journey, and I strive to do my best to pass it on. I truly believe we are ALL making positive contributions to each other's lives here. Sisters are indeed doing it for themselves!
Thank you, Kathy, for creating this fantastic place!
Molly50 - Rona
Kim M - Hostess
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Jennifer Fuson, M.D.
1720 Nicholasville Road
Lexington KY 40503
|David Zisow, M.D.
2005 Rock Spring Rd Ste. 3
Forest Hill - Baltimore MD 21050
|Mayra J. Thompson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dept OBGYN
Dallas TX 75290
|Linda Nicoll, M.D.
NYU Kips Bay Gynecology
419 Park Avenue South - Suite 1305
New York NY 10016
|Bret Lewis, M.D.
5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., Ste 295
(#2 Location) 11975 Morris Rd., Ste. 310 , Alpharetta, GA 30004
Atlanta GA 30342
|Devin Garza, M.D.
12201 Renfert Way, STE# 215
Austin TX 78758
|Marshall Bovelsky, M.D.
200 Banning St
Dover DE 19904
|John Miklos, M.D.
3400 Old Milton Parkway
Bldg. C, Suite 330
Alpharetta GA 30005