Molly50 - Rona
Kim M - Hostess
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Hi, my name is Danni. I am married with one grown up daughter and have a number of pets. One might call my household a bit of a zoo with dogs, cats, a hamster and fish. I love my pets, tending to my garden, reading, coming up with redecorating plans for my hubby and getting fit to improve my health. Some of my time is spent volunteering on a local Counselling Centre’s Board of Directors. I serve on this Board to support the many people in need that happen to live in my community. Of course, I love to spend time on the HysterSisters site. I am also a Mac fanatic and am working on changing the PC world one Mac at a time.
My career was spent in Canadian Elementary Education as a French Immersion teacher, a Vice Principal and a Principal. I am fluent in both French and English and can speak a smidgen of Spanish. I am presently retired for the most part from the education world. I still sub as a Principal when needed.
My HysterSister journey began when I felt a lump the size of an orange low down in my tummy in June 2010. It turned out to be “Ed”, a fibroid that was bound and determined to grow as rapidly as possible and to take over the empire of my abdomen. It started its first battle by trying to squeeze out my bladder. Long story short, the Canadian medical system moves slowly and Ed took advantage of the time delays to grow to the size of a football before I won the war by his removal via a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy on November 1, 2010.
Shortly before my surgery, I am thankful that I found HysterSisters. The information contained within the website allowed me to go to my doctors’ appointments knowledgeable and able to make informed decisions about my options. After the surgery, I was able to ask questions and be reassured that my twinges, body functions and other concerns were common for a woman recovering from this type of surgery. It was very comforting to know that I wasn’t the only one experiencing certain things even though I had an amazing recovery. I took very seriously the adage that you only have one chance to heal right and followed my doctor’s directives to the letter.
I am thrilled to have been invited to join the hostess team here at HysterSisters. I hope that I am as helpful to others as they have been with me.
Molly50 - Rona
Kim M - Hostess
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Melanie Bone, M.D.
5301 S. Congress Ave.
Atlantis FL 33462
|Elizabeth Stevenson-Gargiulo, M.D.
9101 North Central Expressway
Dallas TX 75231
|Ellen Wilson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd - Dept of OBGYN
Dallas TX 75390
|Peter Vienne & Tom Kazmierczak, M.D.
936 W. Rt 6
Morris IL 60450
|Jane Starr, M.D.
16651 SW FWY #200
Sugar Land TX 77479
|Geoffrey Cly, M.D.
Suite 101, 11123 Parkview Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne IN 46845
|Bret Lewis, M.D.
5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., Ste 295
(#2 Location) 11975 Morris Rd., Ste. 310 , Alpharetta, GA 30004
Atlanta GA 30342
|Christopher G. Olson, M.D.
1220 Hobson Rd #116
Naperville NJ 60540
|Dionysios Veronikis, M.D.
621 S. New Ballas Road, Tower B, Suite 2002
St. Louis MO 63141