HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Preparing for Hysterectomy Recovery | What Will I Need?
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
My surgery is scheduled and I have no clue what I might need to purchase for use during my recovery. What do you suggest?
One product we think is the most important is the binder. The abdominal binder is worn snug across the abdomen. Most hospitals do not offer a binder to their laparoscopic hysterectomy patients. Some hospitals provide a binder to hysterectomy patients, but they don't fit well.
The HysterSisters have found that a binder is helpful no matter the kind of hysterectomy. The HysterSisters store has several abdominal binders available. One comes with a pocket to insert a cold pack (which comes with the Perfect Pocket Binder). Once you no longer need the cold support, you can remove it and use the binder without it. Another binder is pocketless and offers wonderful support too.
Another product you might consider, especially if you are prone to infection, is an antibiotic surgery soap to keep your incision clean.
A pair of support panties may be helpful once you are back in your clothes and getting back to normal activities. You can purchase lightweight support panties at Walmart or Target or at the HysterSisters Store.
Besides stocking up with books you want to read or photos you want to organize, consider where you will spend your time during the day. Refresh your "spot" with a lamp or a side table so you will have everything you need within easy reach.
Happy healing to you!
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Jack Ayoub, M.D.
44035 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg VA 20176
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
601 Clara Barton, Suite 160
Garland TX 75042
|David Zisow, M.D.
2005 Rock Spring Rd Ste. 3
Forest Hill - Baltimore MD 21050
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Stephen Zweibach, M.D.
815 S Parsons Ave
Brandon FL 33511
|Susan Murrmann, M.D.
7205 WOlf River Blvd Ste 150
Memphis TN 38120
|John Miklos, M.D.
3400 Old Milton Parkway
Bldg. C, Suite 330
Alpharetta GA 30005
|Kym Boyman, M.D.
1775 Williston Rd., Ste. 110
South Burlington VT 05403
|Jonathan Y Song, M.D.
2455 Dean St.
St. Charles IL 60175