HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Preparing for Hysterectomy Recovery | What Will I Need?
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
My surgery is scheduled and I have no clue what I might need to purchase for use during my recovery. What do you suggest?
One product we think is the most important is the binder. The Abdominal Binder
is worn snug across the abdomen. Most hospitals do not offer a binder to their laparoscopic hysterectomy patients. Some hospitals provide a binder to hysterectomy patients, but they don't fit well.
The HysterSisters have found that a binder is helpful no matter the kind of hysterectomy. The HysterSisters store has several abdominal binders available. One comes with a pocket to insert a cold pack (which comes with the Perfect Pocket Binder
). Once you no longer need the cold support, you can remove it and use the binder without it. Another binder is pocketless and offers wonderful support too.
Don't miss out on the comfort and protection you will get from having a Tummy Pocket Pillow.
The HysterSisters tummy pillow has a pocket and comes with cold/heat packs. Use the cold pack against your incision or belly for extra treatment when you are home from the hospital. Use the heat pack once your incision has healed.
are helpful items, as they are panties you can wear easily after your surgery and won't rub or bind. They hold pads in place and are especially helpful if you need to use Peri Cool Pack
for vaginal hysterectomy or A&P repairs.
Another product you might consider, especially if you are prone to infection, is an antibiotic surgery soap to keep your incision clean.
found in the HysterSisters store are the only post-operative compression panty with medical grade silicone to speed recovery and reduce scarring. They come in different styles depending on your needs. You can also find regular Support Panties
at the HysterSisters store or at a local Walmart or Target. If you are looking for Granny Panties
, we have those as well!
Besides stocking up with books you want to read or photos you want to organize, consider where you will spend your time during the day. Refresh your "spot" with a lamp or a side table so you will have everything you need within easy reach.
Happy healing to you!
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
03-01-2011 - 11:56 AM
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Jon Nielsen, M.D.
9825 Hospital Dr. Suite 205
Maple Grove MN 55369
|Aarathi Cholkeri-Singh, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Mark Richey, M.D.
1200 Airport Heights
Anchorage AK 99508
|Nathan Mordel, M.D.
105 Collier Road Suite 1010
Atlanta GA 30309
|Susan Carter, M.D.
North Colorado Medical Center/ MCR
1800 15th Street, Suite 220
Greeley CO 80631
970 353 1335
|Sharon Ransom, M.D.
442 West High Street
Bryan OH 43506
|Jonathan Y Song, M.D.
2455 Dean St.
St. Charles IL 60175
|Clifford Rogers, M.D.
The Everett Clinic, Dept. of Surgery and Gynecology
1330 Rockefeller Ave, Suite 120
Everett WA 98201
425 339 5424