HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Vaginal Hysterectomy for Prolapsed Uterus
From the Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
Hello! My surgery was on April 13, 2011. I spent 4 days in hospital. Longer than I thought I would. My uterus was removed & there was repair to my bladder. No ovaries removed which I am grateful for. Bowel prep was not too pleasant but necessary. The anxiety b4 surgery was awful! Advice to everyone would be that to try & relax. You will be completely knocked out for surgery. One minute you are breathing in the oxygen mask & then u wake up hrs. later. The first day is kind of a blur. You are tired & sleepy. The next day you will be on pain medicine & hooked to IV & ready for recovery. I had to have a catheter put in! I was very nervous about it! I was afraid to move. The pressure from it the first day or two is very uncomfortable. The pain meds will help with that. It is from the packing they put in you from this surgery. When the packing was removed 2 days later OMG What a relief!!! The catheter stayed in but I felt better! The removal from the packing is not painful at all but it felt very weird! I got use to the catheter & unfortunately had to go home with it 4 days later!
Rest while in the hospital & do take walks in the hallway a few times though out the day. It is good for the circulation in your legs & good to get gas out! LOl! I experienced alot of gas spasms in my stomach but eventually the gas passes & feels so good. I had a small bowel movement 2 days after surgery & was so nervous cuz of the catheter but all went well. Not happy about still having catheter in at home but its very important to prevent infection! One step at a time. So glad surgery is over & plan on resting & taking care of myself so I can heal properly! Have my movies lined up & books & catch up on photo albums, maybe learn a new computer program. It's me time now! The hubby & kids will have to tend to themselves! I know I still have a way to go to recovery, it's only been 6 days. But I will listen to what the dr. says becuz I want all to go well! Please feel free to ask my any questions if u r going to have the same surgery or if u have something to share post op after this surgery! Good Luck all & don't forget to pray, it helped me tremendously!
04-19-2011 - 06:42 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Lillian Schapiro, M.D.
275 Collier Road, Suite 250
Atlanta GA 30309
|John Miklos, M.D.
3400 Old Milton Parkway
Bldg. C, Suite 330
Alpharetta GA 30005
|Jenifer Burkhalter, M.D.
950 Capitol Mall
Sacramento CA 95831
|Kimberly Newman, M.D.
10030 Edison Square Drive
Concord NC 28027
|Stephen Zweibach, M.D.
815 S Parsons Ave
Brandon FL 33511
|Lori Warren, M.D.
3900 Kresge Way
Louisville KY 40207
|Lauren Streicher, M.D.
Gynecologic Specialists of Northwestern, S.C
680 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 117
Chicago IL 60611
|Jennifer Elliott, M.D.
980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30342
|Marshall Bovelsky, M.D.
200 Banning St
Dover DE 19904