HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
No Sex Drive after Hysterectomy
From the Intimacy After Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I had my hysterectomy a few years ago and kept one ovary, now I have absolutely NO sex drive. What can I do?
Women often notice a strong surge in sexual desire shortly after their hysterectomy, only to have a sharp decline later. This can definitely be worrisome, but there is still hope to regain your libido.
If your libido has taken a sharp decline, this is the time to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss the issue.
If you are uncomfortable talking about intimacy, it may help to take a list of questions and conversation starters about Female Sexual Dysfunction
to help the discussion go smoothly and make sure you get all your questions answered.
When you schedule your appointment, be prepared to consider having your hormone levels checked to make sure they are balanced. Estrogen levels are often prescribed on the low end to start with, especially for younger women, but sometimes a slight increase in estrogen is all it takes for libido to return. If that doesn't work, sometimes testosterone helps.
Don't lose hope. It may take some time, but you can regain your libido and enjoy your intimate life once again.
This content was written by a member of HysterSisters.com as a non-medical professional based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-02-2011 - 01:04 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Sean Kossari, M.D.
14901 Rinaldi Street
Mission Hills CA 91345
|Hugo Ribot, M.D.
958-A Joe Frank Harris Parkway
Cartersville GA 30121
|Geoffrey Cly, M.D.
Suite 101, 11123 Parkview Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne IN 46845
|Charles Miller, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540
|Katherine Hsiao, M.D.
3905 Sacramento Street, Suite 204
San Francisco CA 94118
|Marshall Bovelsky, M.D.
200 Banning St
Dover DE 19904
|James Kondrup, M.D.
161 Riverside Drive
Binghamton NY 13905
|Megan Daw, M.D.
Western Carolina Women's Specialty Center
2100 Ridgefield Blvd
Asheville NC 28806
|Sharon Ransom, M.D.
442 West High Street
Bryan OH 43506