HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Trouble with bladder after hysterectomy
From the Ask a Doctor - Hysterectomy Related Questions Articles List
Is it normal to have trouble holding your urine after having a robotic hysterectomy? I notice since my hysterectomy that I have trouble holding my bladder. When I gotta go--I gotta go now or I start to dribble! Itm Too young for that. Would kegels help? Or can you suggest something else to strengthen that area?
Answered by Deborah Wilson, M.D.
Were your ovaries removed?
The bladder and urethra are dependent on estrogen for normal function. When hormones are removed, women often begin to experience incontinence issues. A vaginal estrogen preparation should help.
The responses in the "Ask a Doctor" articles are provided by M.D./Surgeons with credentials in their linked profiles. The HysterSisters.com staff thanks the doctors for their participation and reminds all readers to discuss their medical concerns with their personal physicians for specific information about their health choices, as this is in no way intended to take the place of members consulting with their own physicians.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Larry R. Glazerman, M.D.
1098 W Baltimore Ave
Health center 3 3404
Media PA 19063
|Quanita Crable, M.D.
8160 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas TX 75231
|Elizabeth Case, M.D.
1720 Nicholasville Road
Lexington KY 40503
|Bret Lewis, M.D.
5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., Ste 295
(#2 Location) 11975 Morris Rd., Ste. 310 , Alpharetta, GA 30004
Atlanta GA 30342
|Peter Vienne & Tom Kazmierczak, M.D.
936 W. Rt 6
Morris IL 60450
|Bruce Bonn, M.D.
2311 M St, NW Suite 304
Washington DC 20037
|Charles Miller, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
601 Clara Barton, Suite 160
Garland TX 75042
|Aarathi Cholkeri-Singh, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540