HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Excessive Vaginal Wetness
From the Intimacy After Hysterectomy Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
Is excessive vaginal secretion caused by arousal a typical problem after a hysterectomy?
Though far more women experience too little lubrication after a hysterectomy than too much, it is not an uncommon situation. Some women don’t mind it, but others say that the extra secretion negatively affects their or their partner’s pleasure during intercourse. This can be the case when excessive lubrication decreases friction to the point that sensation is reduced and the man cannot maintain his erection, or one or both partners fails to achieve orgasm.
First, get a checkup to rule out any medical issues associated with excessive vaginal discharge, such as an STD or infection. If you are on hormone replacement therapy (HRT), it could be a result of the particular product you are using. Ask your gynecologist if other patients on your HRT have reported similar excessive lubrication. If the answer is yes and the extra lubrication is a problem for you and your partner during intercourse, you might ask for a different HRT product to see if that helps.
Otherwise, you can probably assume that this is your new natural state. Though women who suffer from vaginal dryness may tell you that too much wetness is a great thing and you should be pleased, the unhappiness that results from embarrassment and unsatisfying sexual intercourse is real. There are a variety of remedies recommended on the Internet, ranging from taking antihistamines to dry the mucous membranes to using absorbent powders, but be cautious about taking unnecessary medications or introducing anything to your vagina that might cause infections. You might try different sexual positions that tighten the vaginal canal to increase friction, experiment with sex toys to help achieve orgasm, and keep towels handy to dry yourself frequently, but there is unfortunately no “magic bullet” for this particular problem.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
08-06-2011 - 05:18 AM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Richard W Farnam, M.D.
1700 N. Oregon
El Paso TX 79902
|Robert Furr, M.D.
Women's Surgery Center
1604 Gunbarrel Road
Chattanooga TN 37421
|John Lenihan, M.D.
314 ML King Jr. Way
Tacoma WA 98465
|James Kondrup, M.D.
161 Riverside Drive
Binghamton NY 13905
|Antonio Gargiulo, M.D.
Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis Street
Boston MA 02115
|Amie Napier, M.D.
Medical City Hospital 7777 Forest Lane Suite A331
Dallas TX 75230
|Ted Lee, M.D.
Magee Womens Hospital
300 Halket Street
Pittsburgh PA 15213
412 641 6412
|Megan Daw, M.D.
Western Carolina Women's Specialty Center
2100 Ridgefield Blvd
Asheville NC 28806
|Clifford Rogers, M.D.
The Everett Clinic, Dept. of Surgery and Gynecology
1330 Rockefeller Ave, Suite 120
Everett WA 98201
425 339 5424