Vaginal scarring and atrophy
| Vaginal scarring and atrophy|
From the Ask a Doctor - Hysterectomy Related Questions Articles List
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
I have much scarring in my vagina due to hysterectomy. Due to dryness, everything is atrophing and I have pain in my lower back, pelvic area and anus etc. My doctor prescribed .05 grams of Premarin cream to be inserted every night for 2 weeks then weekly. After I purchased the product and read the warnings and that it was horse urine . . . well, I'm looking for a more natural, safer product. Is there such a thing?
Reply by Keita Sakon, MD
I'm not sure why you find horse urine "unnatural". a lot of medications come from "natural" sources. There is another vaginal cream called Estrace vaginal cream, and also a tablet called vagifem but I believe that they are both synthetic.
To make it short, your body doesn't care if it came from the lab or horse urine. One is no safer than the other and it works very well for vaginal atrophy.
The responses in the "Ask a Doctor" articles are provided by M.D./Surgeons with credentials in their linked profiles. The HysterSisters.com staff thanks the doctors for their participation and reminds all readers to discuss their medical concerns with their personal physicians for specific information about their health choices, as this is in no way intended to take the place of members consulting with their own physicians.
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
|Kym Boyman, M.D.
1775 Williston Rd., Ste. 110
South Burlington VT 05403
|Lauren Streicher, M.D.
Gynecologic Specialists of Northwestern, S.C
680 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 117
Chicago IL 60611
|James Kondrup, M.D.
161 Riverside Drive
Binghamton NY 13905
|Mark Richey, M.D.
1200 Airport Heights
Anchorage AK 99508
|David Mainman, M.D.
Desert Bloom Obstetrics & Gynecology
6452 E. Carondelet Drive, Suite A
Tucson AZ 85710
|Elizabeth Stevenson-Gargiulo, M.D.
9101 North Central Expressway
Dallas TX 75231
|Brad Cohen, M.D.
2477 Route 516
Old Bridge NJ 08857
|Wilfredo R. Ramos, M.D.
5301 F Street, Suite 210
Sacramento CA 95819
|Geoffrey Bowers, M.D.
834 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia PA 19107
Checking In June Newsletter
The HysterSisters June newsletter has been published and can be accessed on the website here: June 2013 HysterSisters Ch [More