HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
I have night time vaginal itch. Is that normal?
From the Ask a Doctor - Hysterectomy Related Questions Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I had a laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy in 2007. Since then I have had recurrent but intermittent vaginal itch. 3 weeks ago I had my last ovary removed and the itch is back. I read it could be hormonal. I have itch and odor. Mostly at night. I am hot and sweaty and only wear cotton and use dye free scent free detergents in the laundry and use vagisil feminine soap in the shower. I have no discharge but I am very moist. I wondered if this itch and odor could ve hormonal?
Reply by Keita Sakon, MD
It's hard to say. It could be hormonal, it could be other conditions like yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. You probably need to go see your MD to figure out what's going on as treatment options are very different among different causes.
The responses in the "Ask a Doctor" articles are provided by M.D./Surgeons with credentials in their linked profiles. The HysterSisters.com staff thanks the doctors for their participation and reminds all readers to discuss their medical concerns with their personal physicians for specific information about their health choices, as this is in no way intended to take the place of members consulting with their own physicians.
09-18-2011 - 10:08 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Jonathan Y Song, M.D.
2455 Dean St.
St. Charles IL 60175
|Lillian Schapiro, M.D.
275 Collier Road, Suite 250
Atlanta GA 30309
|Quanita Crable, M.D.
8160 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas TX 75231
|Mark Richey, M.D.
1200 Airport Heights
Anchorage AK 99508
|Lori Warren, M.D.
3900 Kresge Way
Louisville KY 40207
|Lauren Streicher, M.D.
Gynecologic Specialists of Northwestern, S.C
680 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 117
Chicago IL 60611
|Debra Richardson, M.D.
Gynecological Oncology Clinic - SW Med
2201 Inwood Road Suite 106
Dallas TX 75390
|Geoffrey Cly, M.D.
Suite 101, 11123 Parkview Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne IN 46845
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
601 Clara Barton, Suite 160
Garland TX 75042