HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Vaginal Bleeding/Spotting 3 Months after Hysterectomy
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I am 3 months post-op and noticed some light spotting, very pale, on my panties this morning. Yes, I overdid it by moving a load of dirt and seeding the front lawn. Do you think the extra activity caused this?
By three months post hysterectomy, you should no longer be experiencing bleeding. However, because the tissues are either newly healed or still healing, overdoing
it could cause some new vaginal bleeding
. If that is the case, you need to stop, put your feet up, and rest a while.
beyond initial recovery may also be due to complications, hormones, or other conditions, so be sure and call your doctor's office and tell the nurse about your spotting, remembering to provide your hysterectomy date too. Of course, be sure and confess your extra physical activities. Your doctor might want to check you out or ask you to wait and see if the spotting continues.
When in doubt about bleeding or any other symptoms following your hysterectomy, call your doctor.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-07-2003 - 05:00 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|David Zisow, M.D.
2005 Rock Spring Rd Ste. 3
Forest Hill - Baltimore MD 21050
|Caren C Reaves, M.D.
Caring for Women
2805 S. Mayhill Rd
Denton TX 76208
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
601 Clara Barton, Suite 160
Garland TX 75042
|Sharon Ransom, M.D.
442 West High Street
Bryan OH 43506
|Katherine Hsiao, M.D.
3905 Sacramento Street, Suite 204
San Francisco CA 94118
|Melvin Ashford, M.D.
2603 White Bear Avenue N
Maplewood MN 55109
|Linda Wrigley, M.D.
4200 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste 101
Anchorage AK 99508
|Megan Daw, M.D.
Western Carolina Women's Specialty Center
2100 Ridgefield Blvd
Asheville NC 28806
|Charles Miller, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540