HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Constipation after Hysterectomy
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I'm scared that I've gone so many days after surgery without a bowel movement. How do I get rid of this constipation!?
A diet filled with fruit, fiber, and prune juice is high on the list recommended for constipation. Others have had success with bran flakes, shredded wheat, coffee, and oatmeal. A half a glass of ginger ale mixed with another half glass of prune juice heated has also been known to work well.
If natural remedies don't work, there are some over-the-counter products that you may find helpful as well. A stool softener is usually recommended, but your doctor is the best person to ask for recommendations. Laxatives are usually not a good idea since they can be quite harsh to the system.
Don’t forget about walking and drinking plenty of water! Walking as much as you can will help get things moving.
If you are suffering from gas, see "Gas Gas Gas after Hysterectomy"
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Jenifer Schwarz, M.D.
950 Capitol Mall
Sacramento CA 95831
|Emily Cunningham, M.D.
1720 Nicholasville Road
Lexington KY 40503
|Robert Furr, M.D.
Women's Surgery Center
1604 Gunbarrel Road
Chattanooga TN 37421
|Steven McCarus, M.D.
400 Celebration Place Suite310
Celebration FL 34747
|Hugo Ribot, M.D.
958-A Joe Frank Harris Parkway
Cartersville GA 30121
|Dionysios Veronikis, M.D.
621 S. New Ballas Road, Tower B, Suite 2002
St. Louis MO 63141
|Gerald Harkins, M.D.
Department of OB-Gyn
P.O. Box 850, H-103
Hershey PA 17033
|Samuel Wheatley, M.D.
627 Jefferson St
Whiteville NC 28472
|Geoffrey Bowers, M.D.
2401 E Evesham Rd
Voorhees NJ 08043