HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Constipation after Hysterectomy
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I'm scared that I've gone so many days after hysterectomy without a bowel movement. How do I get rid of this constipation!?
A diet filled with fruit, fiber, and prune juice is high on the list recommended for constipation. Others have had success with bran flakes, shredded wheat, coffee, and oatmeal. A half a glass of ginger ale mixed with another half glass of prune juice heated has also been known to work well.
If natural remedies don't work, there are some over-the-counter products that you may find helpful as well. A stool softener is usually recommended, but your doctor is the best person to ask for recommendations. Laxatives are usually not a good idea since they can be quite harsh to the system.
Don’t forget about walking and drinking plenty of water! Walking as much as you can will help get things moving.
If you are suffering from gas, see "Gas Gas Gas after Hysterectomy"
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-12-2003 - 09:24 AM
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Katherine Hsiao, M.D.
3905 Sacramento Street, Suite 204
San Francisco CA 94118
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Antonio Gargiulo, M.D.
Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis Street
Boston MA 02115
|Jon Nielsen, M.D.
9825 Hospital Dr. Suite 205
Maple Grove MN 55369
|Jonathan Carlson, M.D.
9401 W Thunderbird
Peoria AZ 85381
|Linda Nicoll, M.D.
NYU Faculty Practice GYN
NYU Trinity Center - 111 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York NY 10006
|Stephen Zweibach, M.D.
815 S Parsons Ave
Brandon FL 33511
|Amie Napier, M.D.
Medical City Hospital 7777 Forest Lane Suite A331
Dallas TX 75230
|Kimberly Lefholz, M.D.
515 West Mayfield Road
Arlington TX 76014