HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Vaginal Bleeding after Hysterectomy
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I'm almost two weeks post-op and it seems my post-op bleeding has increased. Right after my hysterectomy I didn't have much bleeding. Now, two weeks later, I'm concerned. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Some vaginal bleeding after a hysterectomy is normal, but if you are soaking through one pad and is bright red, you should call your doctor's office.
Many HysterSisters report additional bleeding as a indicator that they have done too much
, too soon.
Some time during the 2-4 week timetable you may find some discharge that contains dissolving stitches
in your pad or panty.
Your extra spotting and bleeding might be an indicator that the vaginal cuff
(replacing your cervix) isn't healing properly and might need a treatment of silver nitrate to speed the healing process and eliminate any granulation
If you experience vaginal bleeding, call your doctor just to be sure it is normal for you.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-12-2003 - 10:25 AM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Lauren Streicher, M.D.
Gynecologic Specialists of Northwestern, S.C
680 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 117
Chicago IL 60611
|Jennifer Hayes, M.D.
Visionary Centre for Women
2695 Ulmerton Rd
Clearwater FL 33762
|Jack Ayoub, M.D.
44035 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg VA 20176
|Larry R. Glazerman, M.D.
1098 W Baltimore Ave
Riddle HLTH Ctr 3 #3404
Media PA 19063
|David Ghozland, M.D.
530 Wilshire Blvd.
SANTA MONICA CA 90401
|Ellen Wilson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd - Dept of OBGYN
Dallas TX 75390
|Francisco Garcini, M.D.
1870 Silver Cross Blvd
New Lenox IL 60451
|Siobhan Kehoe, M.D.
Gynecological Oncology Clinic - SW Med
2201 Inwood Road Suite 106
Dallas TX 75390