HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Treating Hormonal Migraine Symptoms
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I've been getting major, migraine-type headaches since my hysterectomy. Could this be from the the hormone imbalance?
Whether you kept your ovaries or not, headaches may be the result of hormone imbalance
. Hormone imbalance could be caused by your hormone replacement therapy (HRT) not being quite right or just by normal cycling of normal monthly changes.
Here are some options for treating symptoms:
- First try Furicet or some other over the counter caffeine-based pain medications created especially for migraines.
- Drink lots of water. Dehydration has been known to cause migraines. Adding water to your body may help ease your headache.
- Drink coffee, tea, or any other fluid caffeine. Caffeine helps a migraine.
- Stay away from chocolate, chips, fried foods, and sugary foods; they only make things worse.
- Apply an ice bag to your head where you hurt the most.
- Stay in a dark room with no lights on.
When treating a migraine headache, check with your doctor if you find that over the counter migraine medications do not work for you.
Request a prescription for your migraines from your physician. Prescribed products such as Imitrex can be very helpful.
Some women find that a demoral shot in the emergency room is the only treatment that works for them.
Once the symptoms are treated, look for the cause.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-12-2003 - 09:30 AM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Eric Grossman, M.D.
903 Sheppard Road
Voorhees NJ 08043
|Melvin Ashford, M.D.
2603 White Bear Avenue N
Maplewood MN 55109
|Sherry L Neyman, M.D.
Renaissance Women's Group
12201 Renfert Way Ste 200
Austin TX 78758
|Leonard Rosen, M.D.
3650 Joseph Siewick Dr. #203
Fairfax VA 22033
|Amie Napier, M.D.
Medical City Hospital 7777 Forest Lane Suite A331
Dallas TX 75230
|Shirley Bennett, M.D.
7255 Old Oak Blvd
Middleburg Hts OH 44149
|David Ghozland, M.D.
530 Wilshire Blvd.
SANTA MONICA CA 90401
|Mark R. Preston, M.D.
60 Westwood Ave Ste 200
Waterbury CT 06708
|Clifford Rogers, M.D.
The Everett Clinic, Dept. of Surgery and Gynecology
1330 Rockefeller Ave, Suite 120
Everett WA 98201
425 339 5424