HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Boredom Busters for Hysterectomy Recovery
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I’m bored! What can I do during recovery to stay entertained?
To help cope with boredom during your convalescence, consider engaging in the following activities:
- Take short walks, slowly increasing in duration as your recovery permits(required!).
- Drink lots of water and eat healthy foods (required!).
- Watch DVDs and television programs.
- Do crossword puzzles.
- Do “light” crafts projects like needlework and scrapbooking.
- Organize photo albums.
- Talk on the phone to friends and relatives.
- Chat online, shop online, or investigate a new hobby/interest online.
- Try out new computer software which has piqued your interest.
- Play cards or board games with family and friends.
- Do jigsaw puzzles.
- Sit outside and enjoy the sunshine (wearing sunscreen, of course!).
under any circumstances engage in the following activities:
- Pushing a shopping cart
- Lawn mowing
- Lifting anything over ten pounds, including small humans, large pets, and laundry baskets!
- Visiting your place of employment, as they will think you are healed and will expect you to come back to work before your leave is up.
If you ask yourself, “Should I do this or not?,” the answer is “No.” When convalescing from surgery, it’s best to error on the side of caution.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|David Zisow, M.D.
2005 Rock Spring Rd Ste. 3
Forest Hill - Baltimore MD 21050
|Diane DiTusa, M.D.
2671 hwy 70
Manasquan NJ 08736
|Aileen Caceres, M.D.
Center for Specialized Gynecology/Florida Hospital
410 Celebration Place, Suite 302
Celebration FL 34747
|Robert Castle, M.D.
3650 Joseph Siewick Dr. #203
Fairfax VA 22033
|Andrew Blechman, M.D.
1944 Rt 33 Suite 101B
Neptune NJ 07754
|Jack Ayoub, M.D.
44035 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg VA 20176
|Jack Inge, M.D.
4414 Lake Boone Trail
Raleigh NC 27612
|Samuel Wheatley, M.D.
627 Jefferson St
Whiteville NC 28472
|Ken Sinervo, M.D.
1140 Hammond Dr., Ste. F6220
Atlanta GA 30328