HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
SHARING IS CARING
Boredom Busters for Hysterectomy Recovery
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
I’m bored! What can I do during recovery to stay entertained?
You only have one chance to heal right the first time, so it's important that you give yourself time to heal. Unfortunately, if you are like most women, you were busy before your hysterectomy, so recovery can get long and boring!
To help cope with boredom during your convalescence, consider engaging in the following activities:
- Take short walks, slowly increasing in duration as your recovery permits(required!).
- Drink lots of water and eat healthy foods (required!).
- Watch DVDs and television programs.
- Do crossword puzzles.
- Do “light” crafts projects like needlework and scrapbooking.
- Organize photo albums.
- Talk on the phone to friends and relatives.
- Chat online, shop online, or investigate a new hobby/interest online.
- Try out new computer software which has piqued your interest.
- Play cards or board games with family and friends.
- Do jigsaw puzzles.
- Sit outside and enjoy the sunshine (wearing sunscreen, of course!).
under any circumstances engage in the following activities:
- Pushing a shopping cart
- Lawn mowing
- Lifting anything over ten pounds, including small humans, large pets, and laundry baskets!
- Visiting your place of employment, as they will think you are healed and will expect you to come back to work before your leave is up.
If you ask yourself, “Should I do this or not?,” the answer is “No.” When convalescing from surgery, it’s best to error on the side of caution.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-12-2003 - 10:41 AM
SHARING IS CARING
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
Mesh panties are stretchy and light - perfect for holding peri pads securely during hysterectomy recovery. [...More]
Post-operative compression panty with medical grade silicone to speed hysterectomy recovery + reduce scarring. [...More]
Softest Bra Ever
When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. Two in a value pack for your hysterectomy recovery. [...More]
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Find a Surgeon
|Francisco Garcini, M.D.
1870 Silver Cross Blvd
New Lenox IL 60451
|Gerald Harkins, M.D.
Department of OB-Gyn
P.O. Box 850, H-103
Hershey PA 17033
|David McLaughlin, M.D.
9960 E. 146th Street
Noblesville IN 46060
|Nathan Mordel, M.D.
105 Collier Road Suite 1010
Atlanta GA 30309
|Shaghayegh DeNoble, M.D.
20 Wilsey Square
Wayne NJ 07450
|Lillian Schapiro, M.D.
3200 Downwood Circle, Suite 220
Atlanta GA 30327
|Arnold Advincula, M.D.
Columbia Ob/Gyn Midtown
51 West 51st St, 3rd FL
New York NY 10019
|Ranae Yockey, M.D.
800 Biesterfield Suite 750
Elk Grove Village IL 60007
|Ceana Nezhat, M.D.
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta GA 30342