HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Tummy Support after Hysterectomy
From the Hysterectomy Recovery Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
I'm heading back to work soon. Is there anything to help me with my sensitive, tired belly? It seems by the end of the day, my belly is more tired and sore.
After abdominal surgery the tummy is left sore and tender, even after the incision has healed. Your stomach muscles must find their way back to the normal place while you go on with your life.
The HysterSisters Store
has several items to help soothe and protect your tummy.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
- Panty Girdles
You might have some of these in your underwear drawer already. Also known as "granny panties," they have lycra in them to provide more support. They fit snug across the tummy, helping to hold in the stomach when the muscles are weak. There are several options at the HysterSisters Store, some basic, some enhanced.
- Post Op Panty
This panty is the first of its kind. It supports the tummy muscles and reduces tenderness and swelling with compression, and it speeds recovery and reduces scarring with a layer of medical grade silicone. You'll definitely want to try this one!
- Abdominal Binder
This is an elastic, stretchy wrap that velcros into place after being wrapped around and around the abdomen, similar to an ace bandage for a sprained ankle. The latest generation of the Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder in the HysterSisters Store comes with two insertable cool packs to help soothe your wound.
- Tummy Pillow
A tummy pillow is good to have to put between you and your seatbelt or desk, to hold against your tummy while you laugh or cough, or anything else that will make you more comfortable.
04-12-2003 - 11:26 AM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Jonathan Y Song, M.D.
2455 Dean St.
St. Charles IL 60175
|Morris Wortman, M.D.
2020 South Clinton Avenue
Rochester NY 14618
|Aarathi Cholkeri-Singh, M.D.
120 Osler Drive
Naperville IL 60540
|Amie Napier, M.D.
Medical City Hospital 7777 Forest Lane Suite A331
Dallas TX 75230
|Elizabeth Stevenson-Gargiulo, M.D.
9101 North Central Expressway
Dallas TX 75231
|Jon Nielsen, M.D.
9825 Hospital Dr. Suite 205
Maple Grove MN 55369
|Aileen Caceres, M.D.
Center for Specialized Gynecology/Florida Hospital
410 Celebration Place, Suite 302
Celebration FL 34747
|Elizabeth Babin, M.D.
151 Fries Mill Road Suite 301
Turnersville NJ 08012
|Michele Cowling, M.D.
303 Nicollet Blvd
Burnsville MN 55337