HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
Vaginal Dryness after Hysterectomy | Treatments
From the Menopause and Hormones Articles List
SHARING IS CARING
What options do I have for treating vaginal dryness after my hysterectomy?
Unfortunately, vaginal dryness is a common problem for menopausal women. Fortunately, there are a lot of treatment options that will help you continue to enjoy your intimate life.
Many HysterSisters recommend over-the-counter lubricants like Replens or KY Long Lasting. The Very Private Daily Intimate Moisture
in the HysterSisters Store
is a favorite for many hysterectomy patients. Using a lubricant 2–3 times a week can often provide sufficient lubricant.
For a more natural, less expensive method, try applying olive oil or inserting a Vitamin E suppository. Suppositories are made of natural oils (coconut and palm usually) which are a natural source of Vitamin E. They are inserted into the vagina and absorbed into the tissues overnight.
There are also treatments estrogen and testosterone available. Vaginal estrogen prescriptions come in the form of creams, pills, or a plastic ring. Testosterone has the added bonus of increasing libido and, combined with kegel exercises, strengthening the pelvic floor. These treatments are not right for everyone though, so do your research and talk to your doctor about all of your options. Work with your doctor to figure out which treatment is right for you.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
04-12-2003 - 03:07 PM
SHARING IS CARING
HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy BookletWhat 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy
with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
Find a Surgeon
|Devin Garza, M.D.
12201 Renfert Way, STE# 215
Austin TX 78758
|Jennifer Hayes, M.D.
Visionary Centre for Women
2695 Ulmerton Rd
Clearwater FL 33762
|Joseph S. Valenti, M.D.
2805 S. Mayhill Road
Denton TX 76208
|Robert Moore, M.D.
3400 Old Milton Parkway
Bldg. C, Suite 330
ALPHARETTA GA 30005
|James Greenberg, M.D.
1153 Centre Street #36
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
|Robert Zurawin, M.D.
2050 North Loop West
Houston TX 77018
|Michele Cowling, M.D.
303 Nicollet Blvd
Burnsville MN 55337
|Gerald Harkins, M.D.
Department of OB-Gyn
P.O. Box 850, H-103
Hershey PA 17033
|Sharon Ransom, M.D.
442 West High Street
Bryan OH 43506