From the Staff Bios Articles List
Molly50 - Rona
LovetheOcean - Kim
Kim M - Hostess
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
My name is Nancy. I am from Flushing, MI, which is a town somewhat like Mayberry. It is a great little place to live. I am very happily married to a wonderful guy. I have a step-daughter, who has blessed us with 3 grandchildren. I have a daughter who has graduated from Western Michigan University. She is our pride and joy and doesn't present us with many challenges. We like that in a kid. She is making her new life in Massachusetts and doing very well. I've always been a stay at home mom, and a housewife and I really love my job. I'm one of those wives that do everything from cooking and laundry, to mowing and snow-shoveling, to even cleaning the gutters on the house. I can usually tackle anything that needs to be done. I grew up on a large farm in Ohio, and you just did things that needed doing and that was it. I guess it really wore off on me. That's not a complaint though.
My health problems started out innocently enough, when I was about 40. I started having what seemed to be pre-menopause problems. I found out my mother was also around 40 when she began so it just seemed a natural progression for me. I was put on low dose HRT and most of the problems went away and I thought I was set for the rest of my menopause days. Boy was I wrong.
I started experiencing heavy bleeding during the early days of each cycle, but not too bad. Many changes in my HRT was made over a couple of years, but things just kept getting worse. After a move, and a doctor change, and new HRT changes, I continued to get worse. I would spot for 5-7 days before each cycle, then have heavy bleeding, then have the next spotting start in about 2 weeks. No fun!
Finally had a endometrial biopsy done, an ultra-sound, blood tests, and a very complete physical. Found I had numerous fibroid tumors, (none too huge yet) and an enlarged uterus. I was finally sent to a surgeon since we had really tried all other possibilities. He suggested one more procedure that I could try that was less evasive than the hyst, so we tried the D&C in December of 2000. In January, with the onset of the worst cycle I have ever had, I called him back and said enough of this. He got my surgery scheduled for March 6th of 2001.
Now, like everyone else I needed to find any little dab of information I could get my hands on. All the medical boards had medical information, but they were really scary at times and I really didn't need that. I stumbled onto the HysterSisters site by accident and they have been my on-line best friends since. I was able to walk in for my pre-op appointments both with my doctor and at the hospital loaded with pages of questions that I would never have thought to ask, but as so very glad that I did. All were answered and I headed off to surgery with a confidence that I don't think I would have had otherwise.
Thanks to the HysterSisters I was a very good princess. I did nothing for the entire 6 week recovery period that I was not released to do by my doctor. I didn't even run the sweeper for 6 months as everyone in my house got use to just doing it. (Darn, I finally had to do it one day out of necessity and now it is my job again). I have had a very uneventful recovery and hope to continue on with my new found life and freedom.
When I was honored with the request to be a hostess, I accepted with pleasure as I hope to be able to help others out the way I have been helped on this great site. I surely would have been lost without them. Feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM.
Molly50 - Rona
LovetheOcean - Kim
Kim M - Hostess
Recommended for Hysterectomy Recovery
The HysterSisters Store has gathered products made specifically for your recovery from surgery. Here are the best sellers we can recommend to help you:
- The Great Binder Set - We have made it very easy for you and combined the two best binders and the Silky Sac into a great set to save you money! Our favorite is the Perfect Pocket binder with cold/hot packs!
- Deluxe Hyst Prep Set - As you plan, we've gathered the best products into one set for special pricing.
- Post-Op Panty - These great panties speed recovery, and reduces scarring. They contain a medical-grade silicone panel over incision to reduce scar's apperance while they provide support to weakened muscles and tissues from surgery. Excellent!
- Softest Bra Ever - When you want to wear something, but feel nothing. This is the softest bra ever, in microfiber with no hardware or tags to chafe or dig! The comfort-ribbed underband stays in place gently, so it is perfect for sleeping and lounging.
- HysterSisters Accessory Kit - Are you a HysterSisters fan? This set has a fun collection of HysterSisters items.
- Very Private Moisture - Once your doctor gives you the green light for intimacy, this is the stuff! This is a best selling product with a high rate of permanent, satisfied, repeat customers! Relieves vaginal dryness instantly, protects tissue & enhances intimacy.
"Buy it for the problem, use it for the pleasure."
|Quanita Crable, M.D.
8160 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas TX 75231
|Tamer Seckin, M.D.
872 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK NY 10065
|Lauren Streicher, M.D.
Gynecologic Specialists of Northwestern, S.C
680 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 117
Chicago IL 60611
|Mayra J. Thompson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dept OBGYN
Dallas TX 75290
|Jonathan Y Song, M.D.
2455 Dean St.
St. Charles IL 60175
|Wilfredo R. Ramos, M.D.
5301 F Street, Suite 210
Sacramento CA 95819
|Geoffrey Bowers, M.D.
834 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia PA 19107
|Christopher Stroud, M.D.
11123 Parkivew Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne IN 46845
|Ellen Wilson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd - Dept of OBGYN
Dallas TX 75390