Hysterectomy HysterSisters

Hysterectomy HysterSisters (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/index.php)
-   No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Taking Estradiol, anyone else taking this? (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/showthread.php?t=229286)

MistyC2002 11-09-2005 09:47 PM

Taking Estradiol, anyone else taking this?

Hi all, just came from the MD today, he says everything is looking good, still a little swelling,but I can go back to work on Monday. He started me on Estradiol 1 MG . I am hoping this will work as I wasnt able to take the Estratest( had severe headaches) . If there are any other sisters out there who have taken this , I would love to hear from you. May God Bless you all

gypsy44357 11-10-2005 10:42 AM

Estradiol

Hi,
I had a partial hysterectomy december 14th of 04. My doc put me on this straight from the hospital. I had severe endometriosis, and my left ovary and cervix was infused in my bowel, so they had to leave it. I am in full menepause. Having hot flashes and freezing my hubby and daughter to death! I went off of it for a while, out of fear more than anything else. You hear such bad things about hormone drugs anyway, but now Im back on it. I started having heart palpatations really bad, and feeling tired. I went back on it yesterday, and I guess i will stay on it until my year check up in december and see what the doc says. I would like to have a blood test to see how my hormones are doing, so I can get the right amount of just what I need. I would prefer not taking anything, but I dont feel thats an option for me as of right now.

cheryl a 11-10-2005 11:07 AM

Hi Misty,
I was put on estradiol 1 mg.It has helped me 1000% .No hot flashes and
it has helped with my energy level.I can't believe the possitive effect it
has had on me.I don't like any medication but I really had good results with this one.I feel like myself.
hope it work's for you.
Cheryl

Vali 11-10-2005 11:20 AM

I like estradial; seems to work well for me. I use EstroGel (estradial gel) . I get much better blood levels from the gels, creams, than I do the pills . I have used a patch before, but they tend to come off.
I don't know your age, but if you are younger, then Yasim might be the ticket for you. My GYN won't prescribe it for me b/c I'm 51 and she says I'm too old. She says it is great for younger women who need higher estrogen levels. So if you are yonger, it might work well for you. i have read several threads on this DB about it, and most really like it.
I too worry about taking estrogen, especially as I'm in my 50's but living without it is a nightmare. I have had to have several "female" repair surgeries b/c I was very estrogen deficient, and I had vaginal atrophy and all kinds of prolapse problems. But they fixed the prolapse and the ureathal problem, and I have to take estrogen to keep them in good shape. i use Vagifem for that.
So if the pills don't agree with you, you might try the topicals.
vali

pjwarrenny 11-10-2005 11:35 AM

I have been on Estrodial 2mgs for about 6 months....tried a couple of other pills (premarin, estratest, can't remember the others)...the Estrodial seems to have helped better then the others, but I still have night sweats/hot flashes.....I am taking estrogen because I am young (42 when I started) and osteoporsis runs in my family. I have no fears in taking any of it because it was recommended to me by GYN/Oncologist. He feels that the increased risk of breast cancer from HRT is minimal, he feels the benefits out weigh the risks.

Vali 11-10-2005 11:52 AM

Pam,
if you are still getting hot falshes on 2 mgs of estradial, (2 mg is quite a lot) you might be a good candidate for yasim. I have read some good posts about this, the estrogen is better suited, the GYN says, for younger women, women who woulld still be having periods.
vali

hyster52804 11-10-2005 11:56 AM

Hello!

I have been on estradiol 1 mg of about 2 months now. Went back to the doctor and she suggested we go w/ half that dose.

I was having some of the symptoms of being over medicated. Tingling legs and arms, etc.

I have only been doing the half dose for 3 days, so don't really know if that will be better for me.

As far as the estradiol goes though I've been feeling alot better as far as fatigue, memory loss, and all my other sysmptoms before I started the med.

:heart:

pjwarrenny 11-10-2005 12:32 PM

Vali,

Yasmin? I did a search on google and it came back as a birth control pill...I'd be very interested in more info on it being used as HRT......I have started taking 1000ius of Vit E and Black Cohash, they seem to be helping with the "sweats"....it's not as bad as before I went on the Estrodiol but, I still get them.....I tried last week to cut the dosage down to 1mg and within 5 days, I felt horrible, depressed, foggy, etc....I went back up to the 2mgs and feeling much better. I am also starting on Vagifem because of the vaginal dryness.

jerzeekat_2000 11-10-2005 06:23 PM

so women without ovaries are using bc pills??? really?? how does that help with libido and such, arent bc pills estrogen and progesterone??

help me understand?

Cher32 11-10-2005 07:54 PM

i take 4 mgs of this daily.