HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bleeding with no uterus Bleeding with no uterus

Unread 09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Question - Bleeding with no uterus Bleeding with no uterus

First time writing here. I'm very frustrated. Here's my story in a nutshell:
Hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago (no ovaries, just cervix left) Put on HRT Estridiol patch. Diagnosed with adenomyosis was reason for hysterectomy. I suffered with pretty bad PMS before surgery so they took my ovaries so that I would always be on a even keel. HA!

In the past 2 1/2 years I've gained 40 pounds, lost about a third of my hair. I now have facial hair and the worse acne I've ever had in my life. (I'm 41) I have extreme fatique at times and my memory is shot. I can't handle hardly any stress and I seem to worry myself to death about things that never used to bother me. I struggle with feelings of depression that I try to overcome with doing uplifting and spiritual things.(I also have lost 99% of my desire for sex. I have an awesome loving, handsome, wonderful, supportivie husband)
My OBGYN has no idea what could be wrong with me
because I have plenty of estrogen. My family practice MD tested multiple thryoid levels and checked for antibodies: Every level was completely normal. He told me that something is going on and suggested I try natural hormones instead of synthetic.

I been doing a lot of reading about hormone balance, adrenal exhaustion,etc. and have even sent in saliva test to see if I might gain some insight as to what is going on. (results not back yet) I decided to try natural progesterone cream and taking some vitamins to help me get more energy. I started taking them about a week ago. I seemed to be feeling a little bit better.(maybe just in my head?)

This morning I discover what appears to be blood coming from vagina. Almost looks like very minor break through bleeding I experienced years ago while taking BC pills. Remember I don't have a uterus or ovaries. Any ideas!!
Unread 09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters! You don't have a hysterectomy date mentioned in your profile (click here to add it if you know what it is!)

For helpful information and resources you will find specific help: Treatment Options Pre-Op Or Post-Op.

You will find wonderful information in our Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

If you need resources for managing menopausal symptoms with or without hormone therapy, visit our Hormone Jungle page for helpful information.

We are so glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway