HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Pain/Pressure at end of Urination Pain/Pressure at end of Urination

Unread 03-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Smile - Pain/Pressure at end of Urination Pain/Pressure at end of Urination

Hi I'm new here and reading these posts makes me feel a bit better.. I'm having that same senstation after urination but mine isn't painful.. just "different". I sure hope it is something that goes away with time. I"m also experienceing some leakage.. I just fear loss of my bladder control!! I had a TAH BSO on 2/8/05 and there is so much unknown to me about what is normal at this point. Glad I found this board!

Gin
Unread 03-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Pain/Pressure at end of Urination

have the same bladder symptoms for 3 weeks now. Doesn't start until bladder is almost completely empty. Also some rectal pressure.
Unread 03-16-2006, 12:43 PM

I have had bladder spasms since the same day of surgery. It has been getting better, and definately some rectal pressure also. I have seen my dr. today and he stated all normal for post-op of 3 weeks, and I am at the "peak" point of my post-op and he states all should get better in the next 3 weeks of post-op. I hope that you as well, start to get better.

I agree this site is a definate help of my sanity.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:09 PM

I, too, am experiencing this. My doc. checked me and said that it is just that my bladder is still pretty swollen. Recovery takes quite some time.
Unread 03-17-2006, 10:51 PM

Is anyone that is having this problem recovering from LAVH? I am having the same problem towards the end of urination. I have had it since I was in the castle. My foley didn't drain properly and I had to constantly move my tube to get it to drain. Ever since I have had the pain. I realize I am only 11 days post op so I hope it will improve soon.
Unread 03-17-2006, 11:00 PM

I also had the same problem, very uncomfortable as my bladder was almost empty. Mine went away at about 8 weeks post-op. I never did ask my Dr. about it, but I would be curious to know what yours says. Hope you feel better!
Unread 03-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Well now I am thinking I have a bladder infection. I had one a couple months before my surgery and now it feels the same as when I had the last infection. Problem is, it is Saturday and obviously can't see the doc. Everytime I go to the bathroom, the pain is getting worse. What's a girl to do? I just have to tough it out till Monday and call the doc. I am hoping that an infection is what the problem is, I can get some meds and finally not have the pain. Then I will know that it is not a result of my surgery. Fingers crossed.
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:07 AM

This is my first time using this site, it is awesome, I've been having the same problems at the end of urinating. Since my surgery on Jan.24,2006 I have had two bladder infections and up four times during the night to pee, I will be seeing a urologist soon since my job requires my to have a good night sleep.
Unread 03-20-2006, 03:11 PM

I still get up in the middle of the night, and up to 4-5 times also to urinate, but with the help of my SP Catheter and not on my own. I have had a urinary tract infection, but almost done with the antibiotics and still pain at the end of emptying my catheter.

I also agree this site is my sanity. Take care and hope everything gets better for you and you are able to sleep better again.
Unread 03-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Lou
This is my first time using this site, it is awesome, I've been having the same problems at the end of urinating. Since my surgery on Jan.24,2006 I have had two bladder infections and up four times during the night to pee, I will be seeing a urologist soon since my job requires my to have a good night sleep.
I had my surgery a day before you and I am also having the same problems at the end of urinating. I thought maybe an infection but the pain is not getting worse. Let me know what the urologist says. So far from what i have read it is bladder spasms. How are you feeling otherwise? I feel back to normal but still get a little tired. Take care.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway