HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > Sisteritaville: Hyster Sisters Cookbook > Freezer Dishes - Make ahead

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

6 frozen dinner recipes 6 frozen dinner recipes

Unread 04-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Arrow - 6 frozen dinner recipes 6 frozen dinner recipes

I didn't realize this section of the website was here. How wonderful!! I posted these in the Pre op forum about a month ago, but thought others may find them useful. Hyster Sisters is the BEST!! Thanks to you all!!

Apple Marinated Pork Chops

6 (6 oz.) Pork Chops
1 t. Basil
1 C. Apple Juice
½ C. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
1 tsp. Garlic

Add all of the above ingredients into a one gallon freezer sip lock bag and then seal and freeze. Thaw completely in the refrigerator to prepare. Remove chops from marinade and grill for 4 minutes on each side until center is just pink. Serve with applesauce, salad, and croissants.

Chicken Teriyaki

6 (6oz.) Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
2 T. Sugar
1 tsp. Chopped Garlic
2/3 C. Soy Sauce
1 T. Salad Oil
¼ C. White Wine
½ tsp. Ginger

Add all of the above ingredients into a one gallon freezer zip lock bag and seal the bag, removing all excess air and freeze. Thaw completely in refrigerator when ready to prepare. Remove chicken from marinade and grill on medium heat grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with rice and grilled vegetables.
--------
Chicken Tetrazzini

3 C. Cooked Diced Chicken
6 C. Cooked Spaghetti
½ C. Chopped Onion
4 T. Fresh Parsley
½ C. Water
¼ T. Pepper
3 C. Condensed Mushroom Soup
4 oz. Diced Pimento
1 ½ C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Add all of the above ingredients into a one gallon freezer zip lock bag and seal the bag, removing all of the excess air and freeze. Thaw completely in refrigerator pour into 9x13 inch baking pan. Stir thoroughly to combine and bake in 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes. Serve with salad or steamed broccoli with lemon butter sauce and French bread or corn bread.
--------
Hearty Beef Stew

1 C. Diced Onion
3 C. Beef Broth
2 C. Diced Carrot
2T. Brown Sugar
1 C. Cubed Red Potato
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Green Beans
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 ½ lbs. Beef Stew Meat
½ tsp. Pepper
¼. tsp. Dried Thyme
3 T. Flour
1 tsp. Chopped Garlic
2 tsp. Tomato Paste

Combine all ingredients into one gallon zip lock freezer bag removing all excess air and freeze. To serve thaw completely in refrigerator and cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. On the stove bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 30-45 minutes until vegetables are cooked through. Serve in large bowls with bread for dipping.

-------
Pot Roast

1 3-lb. Pot Roast
½ C. Dry Onion Soup Mix
6 Carrots
3 C. Water
6 Onion Quarters

Add all ingredients into a one gallon zip lock freezer bag removing all excess air and freeze. Thaw completely in refrigerator when ready to prepare. Transfer all ingredients into a crock pot and add potatoes if desired. Cook on low for 8 hours. Transfer juices from crock pot into small pot and whisk 1-2 tsp cornstarch for gravy. Bring to boil and let thicken. Serve with fresh baked bread.
----------
Hash Brown Casserole

8 Eggs
4 C. Hash Brown Potatoes
12 oz. Evaporated Milk
2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Diced Onion
½ t Pepper
1 ½ C. Diced Green Pepper
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 C. Diced Ham

Add all of the above ingredients into a one gallon freezer zip lock bag and seal the bag, removing all excess air and freeze. To serve thaw completely in refrigerator and bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes clean. Serve as dinner with a salad and bread or for brunch with pastries and fruit.
Unread 06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
6 frozen dinner recipes

Thanks so much for all the recipes!! I am 3 weeks pre-op and trying to get ready for the "DAY"!! This will help tons!!!
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
6 frozen dinner recipes

Thanks for the tips...I need to start planning, my surgery is not until8/23 but I have two camping trips July and early Aug then a week away the week before I get my surgery. Plus..back to school shopping etc. Eek, lots to do!
Unread 08-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Wink - 6 frozen dinner recipes Pre Freezing works

What I have done in the past, and again which worked out well is sorta like what MMBB02 did with one execption, I pre-cooked my sloppy and froze enough per container, all I had to do was thaw and/or nuke it. I did the same for my stew, my crock alone is very, between it and the lid, forget it. Post-op, the lid will be to heavy. Maybe I'll make up some boxed mac & cheese to freeze. Big day is tomorrow!!!
Unread 02-16-2007, 02:41 PM
6 frozen dinner recipes

Anyone have any vegetarian options? Thanks in advance. I am already two days post op, but I could ask my mom to make them for when DH goes back to work next week.
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks

Ive been looking for freezer meals other than ones with ground beef.... this is such a helpful place. Im so glad I found this forum.
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Red face - 6 frozen dinner recipes 6 frozen dinner recipes

Anyone have suggestions for those w/ GERD? Can't have tomatoes, onions or spices...kind of cuts options way down.

Thanks for any ideas!
Heather 's to all
Unread 11-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Sound yummy!

I was looking for dinners like these and they sound great. Do they freeze well and taste good when heated?
Unread 11-19-2008, 04:19 PM
6 frozen dinner recipes

This is SO great! I was getting ready to post something in the pre-op forum to ask if anyone could give any ideas/recipes for meals that can be frozen prior to surgery. I am SO not good at making casseroles and things like that, so this is just great! Thanks to whoever had the foresight to post these!
Unread 02-10-2009, 04:51 AM
6 frozen dinner recipes

Hey y'all! I'm 13 days pre-op and trying to do a little every day to get ready. DH will be off with me for the first week, so I want to make things as easy as possible for him as he will have his hands full as it is. Thanks so much to everyone who's posted here...very helpful!! Wish me luck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.