HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

How much is too much testosterone How much is too much testosterone

Unread 07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
How much is too much testosterone

The dr. just put me on (est estrogenmtest dstab glenmark). He put me on it for low libido. Before i was taking 1mg of estridiol tablet. My question is how many of you have had experience with this prescription. And is it too much testosterone? I think its like 2.25 testosterone and 1.25 estrogen. Mg's not on the bottle. Reason i am asking is a friend said she thought it was too much. Oh i am 52 yrs old and had my ovaries and uterus removed when i was in my mid twenties due to endo. Since then have only been taking estrogen until now. Just wondering if you guys think it is too much.I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks! Mary
Unread 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Re: How much is too much testosterone

My doctor gave me 5mg. of Testosterone cream. After two weeks it still hasn't had any effect. But, if I use Testim 1% I feel different after two days. I use a pea size on the back of my knee.
Trish
Unread 07-10-2009, 03:54 PM

Sounds like you are taking a version of Estratest. There are usually two standard dosages. One is full strength and one is half strength. The one you are sounds like it is the full strength. You really cannot compare a cream to a pill. It's like comparing apples to oranges. With a pill much is lost to the digestive system so the dosage will naturally be higher.

Good luck! I hope you do well on the new hrt.
Unread 07-12-2009, 06:13 AM

thank you for your replies! I have called my dr and told him i want the low does cream. I think it will be better for me in the long run. Thanks again! Have a blessed day!
Unread 07-12-2009, 07:51 AM

If you have been on the estradiol all this time I would stick with that and just add the cream. It's much easier to tweak the dosage and in my personal experience the bioidentical testosterone is much more helpful. I felt very aggressive on the estratest and I was on the half strength.
Unread 07-13-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby2 View Post
The dr. just put me on (est estrogenmtest dstab glenmark). He put me on it for low libido. Before i was taking 1mg of estridiol tablet. My question is how many of you have had experience with this prescription. And is it too much testosterone? I think its like 2.25 testosterone and 1.25 estrogen. Mg's not on the bottle. Reason i am asking is a friend said she thought it was too much. Oh i am 52 yrs old and had my ovaries and uterus removed when i was in my mid twenties due to endo. Since then have only been taking estrogen until now. Just wondering if you guys think it is too much.I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks! Mary

YIKES.. glenmark, that supplier really messed me up. I was taking that by supplier Brenchkrdg, and they switched my pills to glenmark, I was outta control.. I brought it up to my phamracy when I went to get a refill and they told me they will order the older supplier and it was alot better. Try getting a different supplier. I personally got higher triglycerides and cholesterol taking that oral HRT so I had to get off after a year.. I now use BIO ID HRT and happy with the swtich no more one size fits all pill and I have lowered my HRT down to half and still feel better.. doing so.. GOOD LUCK..
Unread 08-14-2009, 05:17 PM

Hey Girls,
I get the shot of T and I have not experience the complication you girls are having to measure the right recipe. I have been writing about injections and pellets for a while. Do you think it has any to do with absorbtion with the other applications? I never find anyone sharing about injections, although I talk to women int their 80's (still playing golf) that were sent home with estradiol for home injections.The pellets are extremely expensive, but I was never one for taking a pill, rubbing cream and I am allergic to adhesive. If the DR has not spent hours with you in last three years to explain, it so wonder you will have a time understanding why it is happening the way it has. I pray for peace happiness and well being for all Sisters Birdie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.