HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Post exam pain; post surgical pain & burning Post exam pain; post surgical pain & burning

Unread 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Angry - Post exam pain; post surgical pain & burning Post exam pain; post surgical pain & burning

I also have burning in the vaginal wall and vaginal canal. I had a cystocele and rectocele repair in March 09. So I'm 5mths. out of surgery. Ever since the surgery, that has been my my complaint. Have had the doctor (Uro) check me and he says everything looks fine. No mesh breaking through and healing nicely. I also have another condition, which is neurogenic bladder and bowel. Hope its ok to talk about on this thread..I've never used a forum before So ya'll let me know, ok. Whats driving me nuts is because I have the neurogenic bladder & bowel. I have to self-cath and make sure I drink Kristalose (similar to miralax) in order to go have a BM.
A week ago, I had a bad time in the bathroom with bowel time and thought I had strained too hard, and in doing so that the prolapse might be back. I went in to be checked again. The exam hurt real bad and I've been hurting ever since. I really regret going in because I actually wasn't doing too bad and now I am. Has anyone else after having a pelvic exam..Hurt this bad. I feel everything has come undone, I mean the repairs. Called my doctors office and the nurse called me back and said the doctors said the uncomfortable feeling should go away in a few days and to call back if it doesn't. They wouldn't call anything in for the pain either. Problem is I don't want to be re-examined. Anyway, would be curious if anyone has had awful pain from an exam. I'd be more than happy to go into more detail about the cathing and why. Thanks so much, Nancy
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Re: constant burning in urethra or vaginal walls 2 yrs post op

Nancy--

I did have awful pain after being examined and after intercourse for quite awhile. I would also have cramps from it and nausea that would last and last. This was after my hysterectomy and after I'd already had other surgery to remove eroded mesh. It was making me crazy to think and wonder what was still causing such pain.

When I described it to my doctor--a UroGYN, by the way--in detail, it's like a light went off in his head. He said he believed that my fallopian tubes might be adhered to the outside of my vaginal walls. He said my symptoms were such that it sounded like the tubes, which still remained along with my ovaries after the removal of my uterus, were involved. He said fallopian tubes are very sensitive and can cause those types of symptoms. He recommended that I have laparascopic surgery to remove the adhesions and the tubes (saving my ovaries and wrapping them in a dissolvable material to protect them from future adhesions).

We went ahead with that and he said it was just as he suspected. The tubes were so tightly glued to the outer vaginal walls that it was no wonder I had such pain with exams and such.

Of course, I don't know and we can't know if anything like that is the same for you but you might want to mention it to your doctor as a possibility. Whenever one has had any pelvic surgery, one is at risk for adhesions.

Sending you many and hoping you can figure everything out ASAP....
Unread 08-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Unhappy - Post exam pain; post surgical pain & burning Re: constant burning in urethra or vaginal walls 2 yrs post op

Awe thanks Orah Deb for replying to me. I'm so glad I found this outlet, wish I'd had it back in 1993 when I had my hysterectomy, and the reason for it was prolapse of the uterus.
I appreciate the info and may possibly bring it up with my doctor at some point. I really do think my doctor hurt me on the last exam (not intentional of course) but I feel the way I did before surgery..ie heaviness when standing along time, legs
hurting. The feeling something is going to fall out. I could go on and on but I won't. I forgot about adhesions. Anyway, I'll go
for now, it's late and I don't think I can make sense right now
lol...Best Wishes to all. Nancy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.