HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Weird pain/discomfort in groin/abdomen area... Weird pain/discomfort in groin/abdomen area...

Unread 09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Weird pain/discomfort in groin/abdomen area...

Hey Sisters,

It has been some time since I've posted..because I have been doing really good. Notice I said HAVE been. Just to bring everyone up to date. Had TVH(kept ovaries) on June 9th. Had uneventful recovery. No problems, no setbacks, everything healed nicely. Even had sex, no pain, no problems.

So, this morning, got up to go do my excercises(what I can do with DDD, OA & Fibromyalgia). Eat breakfast and all was well...then..needed to blow my nose and felt this AWEFUL straining pain in lower abdomen...like maybe a hernia or something. Waited a second..tried to finish blowing nose and pain got worse.

Sisters, it is a pulling pain in my lower abdomen/groin area that goes around to my right hip area. STILL HURTING!! This all started around 11 am this morning. Oh yeah, MY BACK IS KILLING ME!!! Like it use to when I was younger when it was time for my cycle to come...which by the way..this is the time of the month for my cycle TO be on.

OB/GYN's office is closed on Fridays. Tried Tylenol..minor relief...what do you guys think this is? Can't take nothing stronger because of my messed up intolerance to MOST pain meds. Have muscle relaxers..

So, can't lift anything too much. Can't bend or reach to far or the pain will increase. Even clothes aggrevate it. Oh man, what have I done.

Talk to me sisters..

Sista Big Boned
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Re: Weird pain/discomfort in groin/abdomen area...

Hi, so sorry you're having this problem! Is the pain mostly on 1 side? If so it does sound like a hernia (I've had inguinal hernia surg.). Try lying on bed with your bottom on a couple of pillows and your legs going up the wall without too much bending at hips... if it's a hernia gravity will let 'things' slide upwards and take some of the pressure off the area for a while; it can be done again until you get to your Dr.
But if you can get to a clinic that would be better of course, and if there's no relief from that or it gets worse you should go to ER.
Good Luck, HUGS!!!!
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Re: Weird pain/discomfort in groin/abdomen area...

What your describing can be coming from the back or the front. You have OA and DDD which can be causing radiating pain. It can be from adhesions, it may be hernia or signs of prolapse or infection. The list goes on. The main things is how you feel overall? Do you have a fever? Any visible bumps or disfigurements standing vs. laying down. Does spinal flexion or extension effect the pain? What position is most comfortable?
The best option would be to contact the doctor. Even if the office is closed someone is on call. If you choose not to seek care now. You need to keep a close eye on yourself and watch for changing symptoms. If you feel like things are worsening or you have extreme pain at rest you need to be evaluated sooner rather than later.
Hopefully you just pulled a muscle and will be feeling much better soon. Please avoid checking to see if the pain is still there. Many people aggravate a situation by constantly 'checking'. If your comfortable be happy do not look for trouble, take things slow and avoid all nonessential activities until you are evaluated or resolve 100%.
Feel good

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway