HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

total hysterectomy no ovaries 30 years old total hysterectomy no ovaries 30 years old

Unread 09-15-2009, 02:51 PM
total hysterectomy no ovaries 30 years old

After years of feeling horrible from edometereosis and adnomyosis i finally had a complete hstry. I had had oddles of surgurys and medicine tried everything but nothing would get me out of sever pain. Finally after my daughters 5th birthday we dedided to have the total hysterectomy.
The problem is is had the surgury on September 3, and for the last two days I have been getting hot flashes. After the surgury I was freezing which is ok because that was me before all of the female problems. I bought a bottle of black cohosh but i dont know if its working since it has only been 2 days. I am just scared of all of the problems that come with menapause, i am only 30 years old. thanks

Unread 09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Re: total hysterectomy no ovaries 30 years old

stylingforu,

Our stories sound similar. I was 30 when I had my lavh/bso due to stage IV endo. I didn't take any ERT for the first 3 months post op. I did use black cohosh. If memory serves me correctly, it took several days to really kick in.

When I hit the 3 month mark, my doc and I went over everything and I opted for a low dose of estrogen. At least for me, the benefits outweighed the risks. But, with endo, it is a delicate balancing act.

The best advice I can give you is to take it one symptom at a time.

Unread 09-16-2009, 04:16 AM

Hi Stylingforu,

I am 30 and scheduled for a hyst in october for stage IV endo and adenomyosis. I also have a dughter (she's 6). I don't have any advice for you as I'm just going down this road, too but I would like to hear how things go for you. My doc wants me to do HRT right after surgery, but I'm concerned that everything will just flare up again. What was your/your doc's take on the HRT debate? Could you please keep me posted on how you are doing? I'm so scared that I'll be crazy without HRT, I am very sensitive to fluctuations in horomones to begin with.

Thanks and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Stacey
Unread 09-16-2009, 11:41 AM

I'm three weeks post-op from my hyst, complete with ovaries gone too. I started having some mild night sweats after 1 week. After 2 weeks I started feeling a little nervous/anxious, similar to how I felt with PMS pre-hyst. I too am scared to death this won't go away.....that I'll turn into some crazy woman, that my sex drive will go away, etc.

At my 2 week checkup my doctor said if the symptoms get to be bothersome, we could do HRT. This scares me too.

I'm taking one day at a time. I'm thankful to never have to worry about heavy bleeding and cramps again, but this menopause thing is scary!
Unread 09-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Hi ladies
I am just into week 3 post op...TVH/BSO for endometriosis and adenomyosis. I can not take HRT. So far I have not had any hot flashes or night sweats. I have had a rise in my anxiety level...I had anxiety and panic issues before the surgery...but GP has me on low dose of Ativan that helps with the anxiety. I was super scared before my surgery too about all of the menopause symptoms that were surely going to hit me hard as soon as I woke up in the recovery room. Well, it didnt happen that way. I am still very early on in the journey, but I have decided that since I can not take hormone replacement I must keep a positive attitude about this. Women have been going through menopause since the beginning of time and lots of women go through surgical menopause without HRT. I have also heard that Effexor can help some women who have anxiety or depression and also with hot flashes...something you might want to ask your doctor about.
Some days I still get afraid...its only natural...but I know that with my doctors help I...and you too...will get through this just fine and we will not turn into crazy women

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.