HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

sex after rectocele surgery sex after rectocele surgery

Unread 11-10-2009, 04:32 PM
sex after rectocele surgery

Hi, I had rectocele and trachelectomy surgery 6 weeks ago. Can anyone share about if intercourse is normal after this repair? and how long did you wait?
Unread 11-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Re: sex after rectocele surgery

Hi hysterhiker

We each have to wait until we are healed and cleared by our surgeons. -- When that is, though, varies by individual. We see a lot of 6-8 weeks release dates around here, but mine was twice that. I am a slow healer though, so always on the far end of the bell curve. My repair was also extensive and extremely painful - (much worse than my hyst.) I read that you did pretty well with yours so I am hoping things move along smoothly for you. Good Luck.

Beth
Unread 11-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Hysterhiker,
My surgery doesn't quite correspond with yours, but I had posterior repairs and my cervix went with my uterus. First and admitedly tentative tries at intercourse were just after 8 weeks and got better each time. I was cleared at weeks but we waited a little longer till we both felt ready.

I hope your return to normal life goes well.
I love your username!

J
Unread 11-13-2009, 08:47 AM

J, this makes me feel alot better!Thanks for replying!
hysterhiker
Unread 11-13-2009, 01:21 PM

And having passed this particular hystermilestone after approaching it with some trepidation - me AND DH, feeling confident about it and not taking it too seriously really helps.
J
Unread 11-19-2009, 02:22 PM

The best advice I can give is to go slowly, lots of lube, and listen to your vagina (I normally would say listen to your body, but other parts of your body may have conflicting things to say). If your vagina says "I don't like this" or "this is starting to feel painful" then stop. I have had a number of vaginal tears after being cleared for intercourse, and I wish I would have simply said "NO, let's stop". At this point, DH is traumatized from tearing me. You don't want that tape running in your partners head. Good luck to you. Mindy
Unread 11-20-2009, 03:55 PM

What do you have to have done when there is a tear? Thanks so much for your reply. It is much appreciated!!!
hysterhiker
Unread 11-29-2009, 09:11 AM

hey ladies, i am so grateful that you all share your stories, I too, am having major anxiety episodes, over weird sensations, that come and go... glad to hear about the 6 month bladder issues, I too no long er have that full bladder feeling, its quite odd, but i do feel like i have to pee, also my urethra seems to spasm quite often, oh my, sure hope it all goes away soon, today i am feeling hopeful, and i keep on being positive, or trying at least, thanks again all of you

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.