HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Joint pain due to low estrogen? Joint pain due to low estrogen?

Unread 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Joint pain due to low estrogen?

On the joint pain...
Does anyone know why low estrogen causes this?
Is it tender muscles (sore to the touch) for you ladies, or more like when you injure a joint from physical activity.
Thanks much!
Unread 11-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Re: Effects Of Hrt - ???

My 2 cents (may mean nothing!) When I am dehydrated from excessive sweating or lack of fluid intake my body HURTS (joints & muscles)! Estrogen does add moisture. Look what happens when we are deficient (dry eyes, skin, vaginal tissue).
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Why does lack of estrogen cause pain?

Yes - I have maintained my ovaries and am 8 weeks post-op and having horrific muscle and joint pain. I had my estrogen measured at 35 which is very low from what I understand. I'm 45 and have had high levels of estrogen and progesterone prior to hysterectomy.

Does anyone know why the lack of estrogen induces such pain.
I also feel as though my spine/hip is injured on the left. Not sure if the pain is just magnified because of the low estrogen.

Do you think I should inquire about replacement therapy even though my ovaries are in tact - but may be asleep?
Thanks much!
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Re: Joint pain due to low estrogen?

My pain is more internal join pain. I can't feel it to the touch..it's deeper then that but my feet hurt to walk on at first but they are also colder then normal so it could be somewhat circulation too. Hope this helps
Unread 11-21-2009, 09:04 AM

When you say you can't feel it to the touch, would you feel tender if someone applied deep pressure in a muscle (as in deep massage)?
I can also relate to the feet hurting - ankles/calfs too!
Unread 11-21-2009, 01:04 PM

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after an injury. It has been years. I was recently put on provera and my obgyn said on my way out of the office, "it may help with joint pain". I didnt give it much thought. BUT it did! Dont know why and it isnt a cure all, but the pain level is so much lower! Maybe an estrogen dominance thing? Our bodies certainly are complex
Unread 11-21-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rls1231 View Post
When you say you can't feel it to the touch, would you feel tender if someone applied deep pressure in a muscle (as in deep massage)?
I can also relate to the feet hurting - ankles/calfs too!
I love deep tissue massage and it wouldn't bother the pain in my joints.
Unread 11-26-2009, 08:40 PM

I have been having bad cramping of my joints... it's becoming very bothersome. Does anyone else know what may be causing this ? Is it too much estrogen ? or not enough ? I feel like I have pain in my ovaries andjust plain feel terrible... I've been on bio-identical hormones since August.. and they have changed them about 4 times and I still don't feel I have the right combination.

Im really tired of feeling so awful... I have doctors appt on Tuesday and had blood levels drawn last week...

Gheezzz, can anyone shead any light on this issue ? I also have Fibryomylgia and it seems as though my whole body hurts AND cramps, like charlie horse cramps all over..

God Bless you all ~

Vanilla
Unread 11-27-2009, 10:44 AM

I have been playing around with hrt for almost a year and I think I may have finally got the right one for me. I am on Loestrin24 Fe (low dose birth control pill)

I have/had been having dry eyes, vaginal dryness, joint pain, mood swings, anxiety, depression......name it!!!!

I've been on the Loestrin 24 FE for two weeks and so far, my dry eyes have improved, vaginal dryness is gone and my sex drive is back!!!
Unread 11-27-2009, 12:17 PM

What about your body aches and pains since you've been on this low dose birth control pill ?

Do you take any progesterone cream at all ? It's so darn frustrating trying to figure out how to get this all balanced, I've lost my job of 10 years and it seems Im having a hard time getting a job and KEEPING one too... cause I feel so crappy and can't function ??

Thanks for your response !

Vanilla

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.