HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

belly band post op belly band post op

Unread 11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
belly band post op

i had total hystrectomy on nov 24th. Im up moving around slowly,still taking pain med had first bm yesterday thank god
i am reading on here that most of yall have a belly band, do you feel the pain is better with one my doctor didnt say anything about one. i have three incisions one is twice the size of the other two and seems to be more painful,is this normal.glad to be a part of yall and thanks for the help
Unread 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Re: belly band post op

Hi (((SANDPRINTS39)))

I liked using something for abdominal support when I was on my feet. I found that it took some of the pressure off my back since my abdominal area did not weigh down as much with the band. We do have one at the HysterSisters store if you would like to check it out, as well as some other options.

If you have three incisions, the one that is more tender could be the one through which your surgeon was manipulating the instruments. Sounds like a good question for your first post op appointment.

Hope you are doing well overall. I am glad that you are home safe and sound!

Unread 11-30-2009, 10:53 PM

I tried it, but found it was more painful for me, so I didn' t use one. But some people like them.

:xmashug4:
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM

my Dr. ordered me my belly band. I didn't think I'd use it. I'm 3 wks post op and I wear it all the time. I asked my Dr if this was ok to always wear it and she said no problem that's why she ordered it. For me it provides the support and safety I need when I'm moving or sleeping. Hope this helps.
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:07 AM

I've got the abdominal band and swelly belly band. I use the abdominal band every day and LOVE it!! I went to the doc yesterday, so I had to do more moving around than I had at any time since my surgery a week ago and it was a Godsend. I feel like it holds everything in place...if that makes any sense...which decreases my discomfort. I've used the swelly belly band a couple of times to help reduce swelling. It felt good, especially when I was having intense itching.

Hope you're feeling good soon! Tammy
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:23 AM

use mine daily - didn't even take it off except to shower the first 2 weeks. It's a huge help when I'm on my feet more. I didn't put it on the first time I went grocery shopping - had taken it off at home and just forgot - and boy was I sorry!

I got mine at the hospital...
Unread 12-02-2009, 09:17 PM

Thanks yall,the belly band does make it better,and i really have little to no pain so thats great. just a whole lot of soreness. Hope everyone else is doing well. 1 week post op went for follow up today and she said everything looks well....
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:26 PM

Good to hear, Sandprint!

:xmashug4:
Unread 12-03-2009, 05:23 AM

I was given a abdominal support in hospital..now that I look at it and what they have to offer on here, mine is for back surgery..has the metal stays in it all the way around..I did use it when in hospital but am wondering if just the elastic stretch as the belly band they offer here would help me more. I know when I walk around the house and I lift up on tummy its a relief...Not sure how long it takes to get anything if you order from hyster sisters...might check out the pharmacy later today, am returning to work and think it might be a good option as i am on my feet all night long..sigh

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.