HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Aching Bladder - when full and after emptying (sort of) Aching Bladder - when full and after emptying (sort of)

Unread 02-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Aching Bladder - when full and after emptying (sort of)

Anyone else have these symptoms? My bladder ACHES when it gets past 1/2 full. Then it aches (like a toothache) after I empty it (or at least 1/2 empty it). I can't seem to empty it all the way, feels empty after it's 1/2 emptied, the urge is gone then.

It's only been the last 6 months or so that it's been aching like this. Sort of like a bladder infection but no burning. Urodynamics showed spasming and misfiring of electrical activity (indicating neurological damage). They could only infuse 300cc until the pain was unbearable, though they say most hold 400-600 cc. Just can't figure out the aching part... almost feels like PMS ache, constant, and lasts about up to an hour after peeing.

Wondering about IC. Don't know the symptoms though. Bladder neck has dropped/prolapsed, cystocele is back somewhat.
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Re: Aching Bladder - when full and after emptying (sort of)

Hi Calypso
Don't know about IC symptoms, but my bladder does sometimes ache after emptying for about an hour.
Haven't yet had urodynamics testing. That should be coming up sometime this summer.
I hope someone with more information comes along soon!
Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Urodynamics question - if UTI, are results accurate?

I just got the bill for urodynamics - and it was huge. On the bill, the least charge was for a urinalysis but I DO NOT REMEMBER them doing this.

I called medical records and they show no record of the UA results in my file. So.... am wondering now that since the UA was not done, and I could have had a bladder infection (since I had a very painful bladder at the time), would that make the results of the urodynamics study VOID?

I have been referred to a urologist now, based on bladder pain and blood in urine - BUT after a day and a half on antibiotics - my bladder feels considerably better. I think perhaps I had a UTI back when they did this whole study. In which case, would the results of the study not be accurate then?

HATE THE WHOLE MEDICAL STUFF - sick of drs and dr offices.
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:31 PM

I don't know the how the UTI would affect the urodynamics testing but would guess that your new urogyn will want to repeat if not done by another urogyn to begin with...

the fact that your symptoms have improved with the antibiotics could suggest that you did have the UTI.... not sure why no record of the UA...but would imagine this is why the antibiotics prescribed... so they were aware of the condition prior to the testing...

good luck,
Kathy
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Guess the UA was never done before the urodynamics. The dr office claims it should not affect the results but I totally disagree if bladder was spasming (due to UTI) at the time.... got the antibiotics yesterday but urodynamics was about 3 weeks ago.... pain had gotten worse since... GRRR. Wish dr offices would just admit when they miss something and not deny, deny, deny...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.