HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Razor and needle pain when urinating Razor and needle pain when urinating

Unread 06-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Unhappy - Razor and needle pain when urinating Razor and needle pain when urinating

Hello, my fellow sisters:

I must say that it is a pleasure talking to women who have experienced a hysterectomy. My surgery was January 28, 2011. Everything went well, but 2 months after my surgery I started having razor and needle pain when I urinated. I would have to hold and still do my pelvic area to get relief as I urinate. My doctor told me that sometimes debirs can get caught in the ovaries and with vaginal medication it could be removed. Well, it did not happen. My doctor prescribed oral and vaginal antibotics to curtail my pain. he told me that I probaly have UTI wich is common after surgery to flush myself with water and cranberry juice. I did. I went to have 3 transvaginal ultrasouns to see if infection or whatever else was present in my ovaries. Nothing. I was directed to go back to my primary doctor and he thought that same thing UTI and possbily kidney stones and prescribed me another round of medications. So in all I was anitbotics for a period of 6weeks and no relief. It is so painful now until that I do not drink alot of fluids for the fear of pain. I will be going to a urologist soon because I demand to know what is going on wrong. If anyone exerience the same problems please repsond to me. Thanks for reading[/left][/right][/left][/left][/center][/left]
Unread 06-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Re: Razor and needle pain when urinating

do you have a urogyn to go to? a lot of the symptoms you described sounded just like me before I got diagnosed with IC. maybe they can examine you for that. before I knew what it was, my pain was unbearable and I hated to pee. once I changed my diet and was put on medication as well as instillation trmts & hydrodistention, my symptoms have lessened and are manageable. good luck and make sure you ask a lot of questions.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.