HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > There's No Place Like Home

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Chocolates

I have started making chocolates to give as gifts. I buy the molds for whatever the theme may be (Christmas, Easter, etc) and buy the melts .
Unread 07-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Chocolates

Nice, how do you make them? What type do you buy? sounds like fun
I may eat em all up though lol
Unread 07-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Chocolates

any craft store sells the molds and the chocolate melts. Usually Christmas, molds are trees, stockings, snowmen, Easter....bunnies flowers, I also have bunch of generic molds, seashell, peanut butter cup molds. Anyway, melt the chocolate discs, they also come in dark, milk, and white, chocolate, and they do sell coloring of you choose to. Fill the molds, freeze to 5 minutes, and then I usually dip some pretzel rods and make gift baskets. It is alot of fun. I am actually getting my baskets (1.00 store) now to start my CHristmas gifts.
Unread 07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Chocolates

Thanks for all the info... does sound fun!! Thanks for the ideas!
Unread 07-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Chocolates

Ohhh, I used to do that a long time ago. It WAS fun. I'll have to hunt for my molds and try it again.

S
Unread 07-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Chocolates

I just tried something new (well new to me), melted mik chocolate, poured on cookie sheet covered with waxed paper, put in the fridge, melted white chocolate with crushed starlight peppermints, poured over the milk chocolate when it was set (no more than 5 minutes), back to the fridge for about 10-15 minutes, broke it apart and "peppermint bark"!!!!
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Re: Chocolates

If i gave you my address would you send me some! Haha. That sounds like a yummy treat your friends and family must be lucky.
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Re: Chocolates

at what point would you dye the chocolate?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.