HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Second surgery for vaginal cuff tear; Update Second surgery for vaginal cuff tear; Update

Unread 09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Second surgery for vaginal cuff tear; Update

So I had a LAVH in June with a vaginal cuff tear in August. Last week after sex I ended up bleeding and in severe pain again. Went back into the doctor on Friday only to be told that the vaginal cuff is refusing to heal and that I have adhesions attached to the cuff and multiple cysts on the one ovary I have left. Now we're headed back to the operating room to have a full vaginal cuff repair along with ovarian cyst and adhesion removal... so bummed
Unread 09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Re: surgery again :(

Iambeups -

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear this.

I am sending to help you through this difficult time.

Unread 09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Re: surgery again :(

You are in my prayers...I am so sorry.
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Second surgery worse than the first

I had an LAVH on June 16th with a vaginal cuff tear the end of August and then another the end of September. Doctor finally decided that we needed to do a vaginal cuff revision with removal of adhesions. Went in October 6th to have an hour long surgery to have this done. Due to multiple complications the surgery ended up taking 3 hours and led to me being transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital where I was kept for 4 days. Apparently the titanium clips they put on the cuff with the sutures caused an infection that caused the sutures to not heal right. What was more of a problem though was that since my hysterectomy the one ovary they left in decided to produce pounds worth of endometriosis filling my abdomen from wall-to-wall. The doctor removed as much as he could but by doing this caused the rest of it to swell cutting off function of my ureturs. This led to me being catheterized for the first 2 days in the hospital while they tried to bring the swelling down. They have since started me on Lupron to try to disable to ovary and warned me there's a good possibility I will need to go in eventually to have this last ovary removed. This surgery has been more painful and taken more out of me than all of the others combined... I'm so tired of dealing with this and wish it was all just over.
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Re: Second surgery worse than the first

I'm sorry you had to go though that.
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Re: Second surgery worse than the first

Wow I am very sorry to hear that. I had a different but some what similar experience as far as adhesions and pain. I have had three laps. First two I was up and going a week after with no big deal at all. My last lap was in june 2011 and I was down on couch litterally for five weeks. Had a very hard time with pain and recovery and all that. The only thing was different was I had adhesions this last lap and not on any first two. So, I just had a lavh on Monday and am still in quite a bit of pain. I was told there was adhesions again on left side. I didn t know adhesions could grow back that soonn.
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Back in the hospital after second surgery

I had a LAVH in June with a vaginal cuff tear in August that refused to heal. Ended up going in on October 6th for a vaginal cuff revision in which the doctor found wall-to-wall endometriosis. He removed what he needed to to be able to fix what he was in there for and started me on Lupron to try to prevent any more. Due to these complications an hour long surgery ended up taking 3 hours and put me in the hospital for 4 days. I was released last Sunday evening and went home only to realize Tuesday evening that one of my incisions was infected. Called the Dr. and he called in an antibiotic but by the next morning it had a lot of pus coming out of it so I went in to see him. He immediately admitted me and started me on IV antibiotics. They did a CT scan which showed a thrombosis on my ovary but no abscesses that needed to be drained. Thankfully today I am feeling a bit better and so far my temperature hasn't spiked up so hopefully I get to go home tomorrow!!! I miss my hubby and kids and can't wait to be in my own house... this has been such a headache, I can't wait for it to be over
Unread 10-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Re: Second surgery for vaginal cuff tear; Update

(((Imbeaups)))

I am so sorry you have been dealing with complications and a second surgery! As one who dealt with complications, my goes out to you!

I do hope you get to go home soon! Being in your own environment with your family is so much more comforting than a hospital room!

Were you aware you had endometriosis prior to this second surgery? We do have an Endometriosis Support forum where you are more than welcome to read and post so you can learn more about this diagnosis. Sadly, Lupron is not a cure for endometriosis and doesn't necessarily eliminate old or prevent new endometriosis.

I hope your day goes well and you are home in your own bed tomorrow!

Take care!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.