HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Night sweats

I'm about a week and a half out from davinciTH. Still have ovaries but am having quite the night sweats. Am only taking Tylenol. Is this common?
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Re: Night sweats

Yes, it can be common because the blood supply to your ovaries had most likely been disrupted. The night sweats should subside if and when the blood supply is reestablished. In the meantime, if they bother you too much, you could ask your doctor for temporary hrt to get you through this. I hope this helps.
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM

I just had my vaginal hyst on the 27th (and it may be too early to tell) but I'm still having night sweats. Just about every night, I wake up soaking wet & last night, this being my first night home from the hospital, I woke up soaking wet again. I did keep my ovaries & wonder if the night sweats will ever end. Did anyone else have to wait awhile fir the night sweats to subside or does anyone still have them?
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:50 PM

Last night was my first night without the sweats.... I have my ovaries and am on day 13 post-op. I can tell by my breast tenderness that I am close to ovulation time so maybe things will get back to normal.
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Love this site for making me feel not so alone! Happy healing and rest to all!
Unread 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Hormones aside our bodies often sweat more when healing (flu, colds etc). Had 2 major non gynaecological surgeries in last 12 months and had nights sweats with them as well as my SAH so as haven't had any other hormone issues I am assuming the night sweats been having are also the healing. Almost 4 weeks in and they are getting less
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:54 AM

Yes, I had a TAH (kept both ovaries) on 12/14 and have had more nights than not where I woke up in wetness from my sweat. Last night was my first night in many days. I personally think the fact that I am not able to change sleeping positions throughout the night, as I normally would, exacerbates the sweating. Just my own theory.

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Just know you are not alone.
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:03 AM

Thanks for sharing. I thought i was a bit abnormal. It has been 3 weeks since my op. I thought maybe i just had too many blankets on.
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Strangely enough, last night was a lot better in the sweating department. Hoping it does calm down a little. I really appreciate everyone's comments!
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:52 PM

ok, why is it that we sweat like this at night mainly? I find that wierd-it's like once I lay down I start burning up-covers or not-why at night??
Last night I took off my pjs to sleep in just a tank top and undies and that helped alot-along with a ceiling fan on-but it's winter. I just dont get why it's at nighttime?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.