HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

6 Month Update on my Hysterectomy 6 Month Update on my Hysterectomy

Unread 02-15-2012, 07:53 AM
6 Month Update on my Hysterectomy

Hello there everyone, First off i want to wish everyone who's on this side of the forum already a speedy and easy recovery is over ! all there is to it is patients with yourself and recovering. I was there 6 months ago and the toughest person you will be dealing with is urself, cause u will wanna do things for your self or for ur family member as well as in the house and trust me that will come. Prayers to ya all.

I decided to make an update of my hysterectomy back in August for my Uterine prolapse. Although i am sure no one may know me from back in august and October, i think is important to share my experience with others as well as relieve some tension with others symptoms if any. Any who i had my supracervical laparascopy hysterectomy on August 11, 2011, removing my uterus and fallopian tubes and leaving both ovaries and cervix with mesh repair and bladder lift with mesh. Ever since my hysterectomy i have face alot of trouble and pain. I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis after my hysterectomy and now possible endometriosis.

Having had the hysterectomy for prolapse purpose was a success althought it took me a month to feel good from what is suppose to be a faster recovery time for a laparascopic surgery i cant be more pleased. I dont have a bulge at the entrance at the opening of my vagina and i dont have incontinence anymore has made me feel not only better from the symptoms i had before surgery but also given me a boost of self confidence.

Although i have been thankful for the decision i made of having this surgery i from time to time think twice about it because of the outcome i have had a month an half after surgery and present. I am in constant pain since and had to go back on the operating table in november to check. If there is one thing one of my first Obgyn doctors told me was having this surgery will not guarantee that ur pains will go away, and i feel that he was so right.

Ever since my surgery i was diagnosed with Interstitial cystitis and now possible endometriosis although at surgery time i had no visible signs of endrometriosis. I have been going to the doctors office every week for the past 3 months getting bladder installations ( medication put straight to the bladder via catheter ) Trigger point injection inside my vagina to release the tension in my vaginal muscle from all the pain i get from my bladder. Now i got a new doctor to seek better treatment. Cuz taking 15 pills a day .. plus physical therapy going to the doctors every week for months and be in pain is just not working out for me. My symptoms after surgery first started as pain while urinating and after urinating. I always felt like i had a baby bladder but it became worse after surgery causing me to feel not only pain but the feeling of fullness when i wasn't really at full bladder capacity. Pain after urinating and notice more pain while sitting for a period of time or standing. So after my hysterctomy i develop pelvic floor dysfunction along with IC and possible endrometriosis.

My advice is like i said before be patient with ur body ... dont beat urself up for me down on recovery time. Also seek a second or third opinion if things do not feel right or feel there getting any better ( i had an awesome doctor that performed my hysterectomy and my IC diagnoses but now i got moved to another doctor cuz she doesnt specialize in IC) So i have to start all over again from scratch including new meds .... ) Anywho always keep your doctor informed, dont be afraid to call ur doctors at any time or as many times to let them know how u feel. Dont assume u have pain because of a specific reason unless the doctor tells u other wise other then that any pain is no good.

Remember you are the toughtest person you have to deal with in terms of ur recovery time... so relax as much as u can, eat as best as you can and leave it in the hand of ur loved once to help you. God be with you all ladies who recently have had their surgeries.

Have a Blessed day.
P.s. just preview this post sorry for it being so long = (

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway