HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012

Unread 03-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012

My teacher, flax seed and omega 3 help with hot flashes. Also, acupuncture is the BEST.
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Thank you sister, I will b laying low today nothing but bed rest for me today.
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:39 AM

Hi Sisters-
Big thank you to Notebook and Bulasister for the info on alternatives to estrogen. I keep waiting to wake up tearful or in a bad mood, but I have been just fine. Just the hot flashes and some anxiety so far. I would love it if it stayed that way!
I have to put in my opinion here also. If I had found this site and all I ever read were the positive and good things about everyone's hysterectomy, then I would have felt terrible thinking that I was the only one with problems and something must be wrong with me! I am SO thankful that this site is here and that we can post the honest truth about our experiences. So many of the posts helped me to know that I wasn't crazy and I was not alone. Maybe it is just hard for someone who had the ideal recovery to understand those of us who have had complication after complication. I don't know if that's the case, just thought it might make sense. I hope that all of us, in our own time, find that joy and happiness we were all seeking after this experience
Take care sisters!
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:50 PM

My teacher, I totally agree. I was one of those people who was having the perfect recovery until 4 1/2 weeks when I started having difficulty with my incision. Knowing that others where having complications made me not feel so alone. This set back has been hard on my emotionally because I was feeling great. I'm also stuck on homebound care now and not allowed to leave my home. Signing the papers agreeing to homebound care was/is hard for me. I feel like a caged animal. I did escape to have a quick lunch with my hubby today because I had to get out of this house.

With that said I also get hope from those that post that everything is going really well(especially sex). I know that I too will be feeling better one day soon.

But I am so thankful for this site! Some days I feel down and worry that I will never be out of pain. For many of us it was a long and painful journey prior to our surgery and we looked forward to feeling great. It is hard to face set backs when you long to just be normal.

Please keep coming here to share your successes and set backs. We are here to celebrate with you and to give you that much needed support/encouragement when needed.

My love to all! God Bless!
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:56 PM

Ok happy thoughts...

Who has been thinking of that first time? Have you bought something sexy to surprise/thank your lover?
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Someone REALLY needs to discover a cure for swelly belly. I think I over did it yesterday and now I'm paying for it today. My belly is so swollen I feel like I'm going to pop. I'm so uncomfortable. When I get home from work I'm eating and going straight to bed. Hopefully, I'll deflate by morning.

The good news is the medicine the doctor gave me for the bladder pain and spasms is working great! Other than peeing blue and being over inflated, I'm felling much better this week.
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonecamping View Post
Who has been thinking of that first time? Have you bought something sexy to surprise/thank your lover?
I've been thinking alot about the first time but mostly because I'm afraid it will hurt or I'll start bleeding again. I do think a nice new sexy outfit would be nice, though.
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1964 View Post
I've been thinking alot about the first time but mostly because I'm afraid it will hurt or I'll start bleeding again. I do think a nice new sexy outfit would be nice, though.
Oh goodness.... I think we would all be lying if we said we weren't thinking about our first... (and second and third... etc!) LOL Whether it is fear, anticipation, longing, a little bit of everything... I am sure it can only be better than before when we were all so uncomfortable and miserable...

I know we, bar none, have the best spouses/partners in the world who have gone through this along side of us, living with the fear of what was wrong, what could go wrong during surgery and all of the woes that go along with recovery. I absolutely think a little something "extra" is deserved! My DH has taken such good care of me and the kids... he is amazing and thank god everyday that I found him and didn't let him go!

Unread 03-15-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjcors View Post
Oh goodness.... I think we would all be lying if we said we weren't thinking about our first... (and second and third... etc!) LOL Whether it is fear, anticipation, longing, a little bit of everything... I am sure it can only be better than before when we were all so uncomfortable and miserable...

I know we, bar none, have the best spouses/partners in the world who have gone through this along side of us, living with the fear of what was wrong, what could go wrong during surgery and all of the woes that go along with recovery. I absolutely think a little something "extra" is deserved! My DH has taken such good care of me and the kids... he is amazing and thank god everyday that I found him and didn't let him go!

I'm definitely looking forward to sex and I'm even having some stirrings of feelings down there. I don't think the first time is going to be that good because we are both worried about hurting me.

My husband was great through this whole experience. I think he experienced far more fear than I did, though. The doctor told me he spent the whole 2.5 hours I was in surgery pacing outside the OR. When the nurse came out to tell him I was okay, he got whacked by the door. LOL!
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:21 PM

Okay so the show (Disney on Ice) was fantastic I think... from what I saw... DD had a fantastic time and was glued to the ice and characters... DS (special needs) on the otherhand... hit the chairs in front of us, had to go pee, hit the chairs behind us, scooted in beside some stranger, and wanted to snuggle, had to pee again, got up in the people behind us's face, had to go pee again, wanted pizza, wanted a snack, I think between the 3 block walk to the arena, doing the stairs 4x, (up and down) and the 3 block walk back to the car I did about 5k.... Lord, I am done!

Took two super strength Motrin, waiting for DH to come home and rescue me from the mini mes.....

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.