HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

What does it feel like if a complex cyst ruptures? What does it feel like if a complex cyst ruptures?

Unread 03-24-2012, 02:23 AM
What does it feel like if a complex cyst ruptures?

I have a 6.3 cm complex cyst on my right ovary. We have monitored it for 2 years and nothing changes. Had CA125 and HE4 tests that indicate it is likely benign.

Doctor wants to remove the ovary and cyst. She says if it ruptures it could be septic and could cause a great deal of pain and could cause an emergency surgery/hysterectomy.

Has anyone had a cyst that ruptured? How big was it? Did you have to go to the hospital or have an emergency surgery?

JFitz89
Unread 03-24-2012, 02:47 AM
Re: What does it feel like if a complex cyst ruptures?

I had one actually rupture 21 years ago, when I was first married. My husband had to call 911, since I thought I was dying and didn't have these issues up til' then. I was using the restroom in the evening before bed, as I was getting up from toilet, it hit me. Like some evil person; grabbed an hot orange iron rod from a woodfire, and stuck it right up into my guts. I was in that much pain for about two hours, before the pain meds at the ER kicked in. This past year, after dealing with my Mirena, and several large cysts, 4cm and larger on either ovary, and one last trip to the ER, I opted to get it all taken out. I'm four weeks post op. and couldn't be happier. If your not sure about this, I would keep and emergency pain pill on hand, just in case it happens, because it comes on suddenly and unbearibly painful.
Unread 03-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Thanks ntvwoman -
I very much appreciate your honest input. My doctor said it would hurt but it is easier to understand when I hear it from someone that actually went through it.

thanks, Joyce
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Hi there.... I currently have a cyst on my right and had the CA125 test today. I lost my left ovary due to a 10lb cyst.
I now have a cyst - I only know about it because it "partially burst" whatever that means about 2 months ago..... worst pain of my life!! I was given percocet and I am never far from those pills.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.