HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Community Central > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

New and trying to be strong New and trying to be strong

Unread 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
New and trying to be strong

Hi all, I am a newb here and so glad I found this site.

4 days ago I have a d&c and hysteroscopy which at a minimum was supposed to give me a few weeks peace from this 20 month period, yes twenty months straight of a nightmare.

I sit here on day 4 in pain and bleeding that is getting heavier and giving myself panic attacks through out the day that something is wrong. I thought it would be just spotting and a little cramping but it's just getting worse (no fevers or anything)

Before the procedure we discussed what the next move was and the choices are hysterectomy or progesterone. The idea of taking medicine that can and does have such side effects scares me.
I am 24 and have dealt with pregnancy loss, infertility, (the chances of me carrying another pregnancy to term or slim to non) massive weight gain, hair growth, severe pain and an over all nightmare and do not think I can bring myself to doing it.
On the other hand, a hysterectomy is a major surgery, obviously.

I just feel so frustrated and alone. My poor husband has been so patient and caring but this has had such a toll on our marriage, I don't know how much longer we can hold on.

Thanks for listening, ladies.
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters! You don't have a hysterectomy date mentioned in your profile (click here to add it if you know what it is!)

For helpful information and resources you will find specific help by clicking these links: for Treatment Options, for Pre-Op Or for Post-Op.

You will find wonderful information in our Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Re: New and trying to be strong

We're very glad you've found us, too and hope you'll benefit from being part of this amazing support community!

Princess Ruby has linked our Treatment Options Page above, which is packed with information, but I see you've already found the Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives Forum and have started a new thread there for support. Hopefully, it won’t be too long before others reply with their experiences.

Sending all good wishes and we're here to support you ~ every step of the way!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.