HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Slight bleeding and pain 4 months post op Slight bleeding and pain 4 months post op

Unread 04-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Slight bleeding and pain 4 months post op

Hi ladies. I'm not sure if this is the right forum or if there is somewhere else this should go. I'm 4 months post TAH and BSO. I've had no major problems, just one worry. I had a horrible yeast infection two weeks ago (after 6 weeks on 4 different antibiotics). I took two Diflucan 48 hours apart and it seemed to clear up. The past few days I've been having some minor cramping down low just like menstrual cramps. Yesterday when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was some blood/mucus. Kinda like when your period is just starting and there's a little blood mixed with cervical mucus. It was so close to that, that I though "I'm about to start" and then realized, "oh yeh, that's impossible". Any clues to what this could be? Up until then I had not had even one drop of blood after they hysterectomy. My OBGYN closes at noon on Fridays (if the were even open yesterday). The ER isn't an option unless the pain gets to the point to where I'm dying. There is some super human stomach bug going around where you puke for 5 days and the ER is full of those people, I am not going near that!
Unread 04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Re: Slight bleeding and pain 4 months post op

It does sound a bit unusual, as you have had no discharge since the operation.

Having said that though, it was not a bright red discharge of fresh blood, so I don't think an emergency trip is needed.

Rest up a little, like you did following the surgery after you had overdone things.
After Easter, go and see your doctor if you are still worried or there is a repetition.
The main thing is not to panic, as it may not be anything more than a post op discharge of fluids.

See your doc in a few days, and come back to tell us you are OK.
Unread 04-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Did you keep your cervix? Could be a Mini cycle..
If not then it could be from the yeast infection... you might have an area that is still raw... I would bleed a little with my really bad ones...
If none of these and the blood does not continue then try to see your doc as soon as you can to have it checked out... better safe than sorry...
If you start having pain or if there is an increase in bleeding then an ER trip might be needed...
I hope you heal and it is nothing to worry about..
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:19 PM

Thanks ladies. I guess I just needed a little reassurance. I had my cervix removed as well. All "lady parts" are gone. I've been taking it easy today and will call the Dr. Monday morning and see what he says. I'd feel much more confident if he will do an ultrasound just to check things out. I've been having pain where my right ovary used to be as well and I'm pretty concerned my endo is back already.
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Hi,
Ive also had everything removed due to endo and adhesions. I've not had any blood but have had pain in my right side. My gynaecologist said it was probably the nerves causing it rather than anything else. I have now started with a vaginal pressure which is driving me mad. But like you I was worried about the return of endo or adhesions.
My gynaecologist said it can take some women 6 months to recover I'm nearly at 5 months so think I'm just a very slow healer.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.