HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Hystercetomy 2004, kept 1 ovary, hypothyroid now menopause starting what are natural Hystercetomy 2004, kept 1 ovary, hypothyroid now menopause starting what are natural

Unread 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Hystercetomy 2004, kept 1 ovary, hypothyroid now menopause starting what are natural

I had a hysterectomy at 32 in 2004. I kept 1 ovary and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 6 weeks before Hysterectomy. I take a natural medication for my thyroid (it does need an RX) and I am looking for natural options for HRT with out Soy, due to the thyroid meds I am not supposed to take calcium or soy products. I am having all the symptoms of menopause and my thyroid is perfectly balanced. Looking for opinions and options!
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Re: Hystercetomy 2004, kept 1 ovary, hypothyroid now menopause starting what are natu

By natural do you mean bio identical? The word "natural" is often misused. Even supplements are made in a lab, technically speaking they are not natural.

You can read more about hormones and your options in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

Unread 04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Re: Hystercetomy 2004, kept 1 ovary, hypothyroid now menopause starting what are natu

Something not synthetic, OTC, available with out a prescription. herbal...etc...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.