HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2012

Unread 04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2012

I use benefiber everyday. Odorless, tasteless, and completely dissolves in clear liquids. You also can sprinkle on food in soup. It works hot or cold. I put it in my coffee every morning. I move my bowels every day now no problem. I hope this helps someone...hugs, Michele.
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:16 PM

I must ask how have you lost 60 lbs since your surgery?? I have lost 20 and thought I was doing good!
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:37 PM

sogla: You lost 20 too???? Mine was from being naseous and having the sharper sense of smell........ I need to lose 10 more.
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:39 PM

crap! I am right where I started!
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM

I have lost 10 lbs since surgery but would like to loose 10 more. My appetite is about half of what it used to be. My DH actually worries about me not eating enough and getting too thin. Imagine that!! My tummy still swells though by the end of the day. I wonder if that will ever get better???
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonna4 View Post
I have lost 10 lbs since surgery but would like to loose 10 more. My appetite is about half of what it used to be. My DH actually worries about me not eating enough and getting too thin. Imagine that!! My tummy still swells though by the end of the day. I wonder if that will ever get better???
I weighed 145 before my surgery & the same now. Didn't lose a pound. Frustrating because everybody wants to lose 10 pounds I just bought some exercise tapes so wish me luck. I still have swelly belly too & that's frustrating. After my surgery I measured my waist & was unhappy with the size. Yesterday I measured it again & it was 3 inches smaller! At least thats progress.
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:08 PM

I am still wearing stretchy waistbands. My regular jeans fit but cause discomfort later in the day so staying with the elastic waists for a bit longer.
We have been able to start walking in the hills again so that melts winter weight really well! Plus hubby is diabetic and was told to drop 30 and he could likely ditch his meds! Makes it easier if he is trying too.
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanny View Post
I am still wearing stretchy waistbands. My regular jeans fit but cause discomfort later in the day so staying with the elastic waists for a bit longer.
We have been able to start walking in the hills again so that melts winter weight really well! Plus hubby is diabetic and was told to drop 30 and he could likely ditch his meds! Makes it easier if he is trying too.
Yes! Walking together is awesome.! Have fun!
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:47 PM

Who here has gotten the green light to begin real workouts (post 2/13 surgery)??? I'm curious as to when I'll likely be able to begin!!

(I think I lost my weight b/c of the other things going on--infections, diverticulitis, etc..........., but, honestly, I felt like I was dying, so it wasn't a fun way to lose it. Still, fitting into my tiny clothes again after putting them aside for 3 years, feels GREAT. I wanna continue on this path!) It'll come-----------SLOWLY, for all of us!
Unread 04-17-2012, 03:45 PM

Bah, i havent got the flipping green light for anything, baths,exersize,sex,driving and I still look 6 months pregnant.
My swelly belly is huge in a morning and the same at night *cries

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway