HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Upset, Stressed.. Upset, Stressed..

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Upset, Stressed..

Well I finally choose to post her since I have been so upset and stressed out. I did not want to talk to hubby. I will give you some info maybe you all can throw some advice at me or tell me to chill...

I have had cancer 3x

1. Cervix was small i was 16 DC and tissue removal

2. Thyroid carcinoma 5 years ago Surgery remove all thyroid and radiation treatment

3. Uterine cancer 2 years ago did a hysterectomy to get rid of it all

July will be 2 years last summer i went for the year exam and was told I had tissue called granular something she said it should not bother me if it does they will remove it.. WELL I told her look i have had sex maybe 6x since surgery it is uncomfortable and that also i have no desire to. This was odd for me since before surgery was 3 to 4x a week after surgery maybe 2x a month. She test on me said all hormones are ok but my thyroid which i do not have. I had a little spotting a few times after we did something she said no big deal it happens.

Well nothing has gotten better at all it is worse. OMG other night i was in mood we did something It hurt ALOT. Few weeks before that i bleed a little. Now hubby wont even touch me. He said sex doesnt make our marriage and he was not going to hurt me he would rather go without then to see me in pain.

I love him to death and he is great so I promised him i would make appt to go back to doctors. BUT I am scared. I am tired of cancer am tired of surgery am tired of not being normal. I have to be strong for my kids but I really want to break down and cry. What if it is more cancer. What if this glandular tissue is a big deal.. Not sure i can do a 4th battle with it.

Sorry I just needed to get that all out. Thank You for listening to me babble at 4am....
Unread 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Re: Upset, Stressed..

Sorry things are not going well. Having had cancer myself, I understand the fear of even more of it. Sounds like granulation tissue? I do read here from a lot of women who have it and it does seem to cause problems like you are having, so maybe that's the cause for you, too. Enough ladies post about it here, so you might be able to do a search. What would your Dr do for it? I think it could be a minor procedure, I'd ask about it. Obviously I'm just going by what your Dr said, but when they say something "shouldn't" bother you, but you have pain where they are seeing that, then it could be that it "is" bothering you. I've never heard of the book, but if pain is the problem I'm not sure if a book helps. Maybe it's time to treat the granulation tissue, or see a different Dr? Sex is important. Too bad so many Drs don't get that. Don't give up yet. Come here to vent and for support, and let us know how it goes with the granulation area.
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Re: Upset, Stressed..

Hi Bunny Hunny. I am so sorry you are going through yet something else. I had a Hysterectomy in March 2004 and had cervix removed as well. I am not married and haven't had sex since before my hysterectomy. About a year after my surgery all of a sudden I would have serious pain when I douched. It was extremely painful. I didn't like the doctor that did my original surgery so I got a second opinion after seeing my regular doctor and she told me it looked like grandular tissue which I was told was skin that grew on the inside of my vayjayjay where I was stitched up (cervix). So I go for the second opinion after getting some good advice here on the forum and this doctor totally freaks me out. Telling me it is something that cannot be done easily and that she will need to put me under and do the procedure. I was freaked! And I no longer had health insurance so that wasn't an option. Then 6 years later when I had health insurance for a little while I go in to have it checked out by another doctor. And it was the granular tissue (sp?) and that they could do the procedure right then and there. They take some silver nitrate and use it to cauterize/remove granulation tissue. It was extremely painful when they did it. Thankfully the nurse let me squeeze her hand and it did bring tears (burning/cutting feeling). The doc told me sometimes patients don't even feel the procedures and other do. But it was done with in a matter of minutes. And I tool some Tylenol right away. The pain is gone and I can douch without any pain. I finally had this done because I would love to have a sex life one of these days and I could not imagine having a penis in there. Plus when I would douch the tip of the applicator would rub on the tissue, irritate it and cause it to bleed. That might be why you saw blood. It was extremely painful and sensitive and when I would hit it I would want to jump out of my skin. I also have learned there are two different ways to close up the the hole left when cervix is removed (and the most common way is the one that doesn't leave a whole lot of give (think penis hitting a trampoline). I am convinced that I have a lot less depth in my vagina these days and definitely no trampoline action left. I hope something I shared will be useful. Hugs to you!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway