HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

11 days post op dvh 11 days post op dvh

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
11 days post op dvh

I am 11 days post op DVH. I was diagnosed with endometriosis 16 years ago and have had 3 rounds of lupron injections. My dr has suggested hysterectomy as the last resort but i wasn't ready for it until this year. I will be 40 in May and have dealt with this pain and severe pain with periods for far too long. I hurt my low back last July and my dr thought that the endometriosis could be affecting that as well. So I did some research before seeing him this past February and told him I was ready. He suggested the DaVinci and I agreed that this is what I wanted as well. Less recovery time. I had to do a bowel prep the night before so I decided 2 days prior to do a soft diet then do the clear liquids and clean out the day before as instructed. This worked really great. Day of surgery I arrived at the hospital and I didn't have to wait long to be taken back. My husband and Mom went back with me. I had 2 IV's and they gave me 2 injections in the iv for nausea, an oral pill for nausea and a dramamine patch. I said Wow he really doesn't want me to get sick. lol. I was taken to surgery and I saw the DaVinci and was looking around while I transferred over to the surgical bed. The anestheologist kept saying take some deep breaths as I put the oxygen mask on you, I said WAIT I wanna look at the robot. lol... Next thing I know I am waking up... My face was itching!!!! I remember the nurse telling me not to itch my eyes that they were just dry and kept moving my hands from my face...

Then I finally come to more and eat and drink what they brought for me. My husband and mom comes in the room and the nurse said I can leave as soon as I eat and drink everything and pee. So after I finished my food, I got up and sat on the toilet for at least it seemed like 15 minutes, lol. But I finally peed!!!! YAY!!! So I went home.

My recovery thus far has gone pretty good... 2 days after surgery I was kinda emotional but that has gotten better. I still have the swelly belly which is worse in the afternoons and have to hold my belly still when I get up and walk. I have returned to work today doing only light duty. After sitting all day (8 hours) my belly still swelling and I am very tired!!!

I am so glad that I did the DaVinci surgery!!! I know I still have a long road to complete recovery. I am thankful for hystersisters and this site.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway